African Bush Flying

gcd89

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Greg D.
I've found lots about it as far as experiences and that a lot of times you can get into it with 300 or so hours?

But I can't seem to find anything as far as actual requirements, license requirements, or how to get into it, etc.

It seems like something worth looking into...does anyone have any overall resources on getting into it?

Also not just Africa, but other bush places as well....anywhere but Alaska

Well you would want to head over in october, you will need to knock on some doors as there are bunches of guys fresh CPLs.

you need a valid IACO CPL, you do the conversion when/if you get hired. Time on a 206 or 208 is helpful. Head over on a tourist visa and you get your work permit after you're hired.

You should get on pprune.

Well you would want to head over in october, you will need to knock on some doors as there are bunches of guys fresh CPLs.

you need a valid IACO CPL, you do the conversion when/if you get hired. Time on a 206 or 208 is helpful. Head over on a tourist visa and you get your work permit after you're hired.

You should get on pprune.

That's what I mean...when you say conversion...I have no idea what you're talking about :lol::lol:

Don't worry about the conversion, if you have a FAA CPL it won't be a problem for you, just a written and flight, most companies will also have a written for you also.

First step is getting a job

Don't worry about the conversion, if you have a FAA CPL it won't be a problem for you, just a written and flight, most companies will also have a written for you also.

First step is getting a job

Dude, I don't even have my PPL yet, I just read about it somewhere, and it seemed cool.

Gotcha, I thought you were a CPL looking to get over there.

Get over to pprune if you want all the details on it, personally I think that africa is a AWSOME way to build some quality hrs.

Back