Affordable ADS-B In Reciever: The PiFly

Lawson Sumner

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
PiFly
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I am selling ADS-B receivers built on open source software that offer many comparable features to a Stratus device, but at a much lower price. My device is called the PiFly and starts at $175 for the base model. There are both Single and Dual band models that are available with or without GPS modules. The PiFly connects to tablets and smartphones over wifi and lets you get ADS-B info on many apps including Foreflight, WingX, and much more. Please look at my website, www.thepifly.com , for more info and feel free to contact me for any additional questions. You can also email me at thepifly@gmail.com .[/FONT]

So I bought one the cheapest version $165.00 and a power cord for $10.00 bucks as I was planning to order all the parts and build one but never could figure out the case 3D printing ect and just too lazy...so along comes the PIFLY...quick review...case its got one and plastic painted battleship grey...nothing fancy and sort of a cheesy sticker with the logo...nothing fancy just protects the guts...maybe a little smaller than a stratus II. I like it plain without the sticker but I am sure I could remove it...got it Thursday and even an tech challenged person like myself say that it basically plug and play with my Forflight and hooked up to my Ipad and IPhone six immediately. I flew it by myself yesterday and no joy as it would not pick up antennas. Flew it today and changed position to the side of the glair shield and boom 3-4 Antennas at all times. Tested against my friends Stratus I and II and could not tell any difference and both units also had problems finding Antennas when placed center of the glair shield near the support brace where I had it the first day. Cheep solution if you want enroute weather...my buddy was kind of ****ed he spent not once but twice on a stratus...FYI no relation or interest in PIFLY just saw it on here and had a couple of cocktails in me to blindly send $175.00 by paypal to the OP.

Back