AEROTHERM HEATERS

Ben Loper

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Kowaco
It's getting to be that time of year and I was looking for an engine heater. Specifically the AEROTHERM HEATERS for a Comanche 250. I'm in the South East so we get some pretty cold days and nights but not the soaking cold like say Alaska. The AEROTHERM HEATERS is the one I'm looking at so I wonder if anyone has experience with AEROTHERM HEATERS. I'm looking at the cheapest one which I think should be fine for a hangered airplane.

Thanks

Aerotherm Heaters might be a little much for an occasional use?

I'd recommend you just get some clothes dryer ducting and a space heater for $50 and set it up with a WiFi switch so you can turn it on with your phone.

I've got one. Use it all winter in my Midwest unheated hangar with heavy blankets over my Skyhawk cowling. With it, a Battery Minder, and a small milkhouse heater in the cockpit I have to be careful or it'll trip the one circuit in my hangar.
I had the previous low-end version (before the Deuce) and this Deuce model is made of better materials for sure. Not sure what I paid for it but it's probably overpriced. It's not the most fun to use on the road and if I had to do it all over again I'd probably install some sump pads and cylinder band heaters from some of the brands out there.

Aerotherm Heaters might be a little much for an occasional use?

I'd recommend you just get some clothes dryer ducting and a space heater for $50 and set it up with a WiFi switch so you can turn it on with your phone.
:yeahthat:
I see this done a lot here in Idaho.

For the Aerotherm prices you could easily do something like this also. I also see done a lot with a blanket over the cowling.

1701121345852.png

I have an Antisplat oil plug heater and a small Amazon space heater ducted into my plenum. I put a thick reflective blanket over the cowl and then a sleeping bag over it. It is all controlled by a Switcheon non cell switch I control from my phone. It can warm my plane from 10 degrees F to 90 degrees F in about 4-5 hours. I have a dehydrator I keep on all the time. I am satisfied with the setup.

image2(5).jpegimage1(8).jpegimage0(12).jpeg in about 4-5 hours. I have a dehydrator I keep on all the time. I am satisfied with the setup.

Back