Aerocruze 100 (TruTrak) - GS FLG

SoCal 182 Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
SoCal 182 Driver
I'm still learning how to use my Aerocruze 100 (TruTrak) autopilot. I've come to understand that it will not couple if I'm above the glide slope on an approach, and will indicate "GS FLG" to warn the pilot that the autopilot is not following the glide slope.

So here's my question: Let's say I'm able to get back on the glide slope (according to the G5) while on the approach. Is there a way to then couple the autopilot with the glide slope (and clear the GS FLG indication)?

Advice and help appreciated!

If you get below the glideslope, then the GS FLG should change to GS ARM, then GS CPLD when it centers. If flagged, it may need to get to Alt Hold before it will Arm, but I don’t think so.

If you get below the glideslope, then the GS FLG should change to GS ARM, then GS CPLD when it centers. If flagged, it may need to get to Alt Hold before it will Arm, but I don’t think so.

I'll have to try it again, but I did get to the glideslope and even dropped below it, and it stayed on GS FLG.

Such sadness that Bendix King squandered such an opportunity ceding the market to Garmin and then creating the aerocruze debacle. I really wanted them to succeed with this product as an owner of a KFC150….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such sadness that Bendix King squandered such an opportunity ceding the market to Garmin and then creating the aerocruze debacle. I really wanted them to succeed with this product as an owner of a KFC150….

300hrs+ in and still no issues with mine.

Such sadness that Bendix King squandered such an opportunity ceding the market to Garmin and then creating the aerocruze debacle.

Debacle??? It's a great piece of equipment that has had a significantly positive impact on my flying enjoyment!

I doubt most of us aren't going to bother to read 59 pages on a Mooney forum. Care to summarize?

Prepayments and orders taken based on promises of delivery of an autopilot and functions that strung out a substantial amount of aircraft owners and the ultimate ghosting of the same, cancellations of orders and blocking of customers when inquiries were made. Supply chain disasters.

Prepayments and orders taken based on promises of delivery of an autopilot and functions that strung out a substantial amount of aircraft owners and the ultimate ghosting of the same, cancellations of orders and blocking of customers when inquiries were made. Supply chain disasters.

Sounds like dealer issues compounded by worldwide supply chain problems. Hard to pin that solely on BK.

300hrs+ in and still no issues with mine.
Are you flying behind an AeroCruze 230 ktup-flyer? I'm struggling to decide what to put in my Mooney Ovation (with KFC-150), but can't find anyone with first-hand knowledge or experience with the 230.

Are you flying behind an AeroCruze 230 ktup-flyer? I'm struggling to decide what to put in my Mooney Ovation (with KFC-150), but can't find anyone with first-hand knowledge or experience with the 230.
100. I haven’t seen much out there on the 230

Ahhh…got it. Are you happy with the 100? It’s on the short list for consideration to include in my panel upgrade.
Very. I’ve flown to the Exumas, the gulf coast, Oshkosh, Virginia, and a ton of other places with it. It’s never given me any hiccups. Just have to get the settings adjusted right after install and she flies great

Very. I’ve flown to the Exumas, the gulf coast, Oshkosh, Virginia, and a ton of other places with it. It’s never given me any hiccups. Just have to get the settings adjusted right after install and she flies great
That’s great to hear! Thanks for the feedback!

Back