AEROCAR for sale

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
At over a $1M you are better off getting an R-44 helicopter for $350K. With the R-44 your landing places option is much greater than that of the Aerocar. You can side mount a motorcycle on the R-44 and have more access on the road than the Aerocar. True that it is an antique but so I am.:D

José

Heck, it's not even road legal in California, it doesn't have fenders. So all it really amounts to is a funny looking airplane. I'll sell you an airplane that looks normal for a heck of a lot less, although it won't be the talk of the fly in or air show. You would be saving more than $1,200,000.00 though. Perhaps use your savings to purchase a house with a hanger, a fancy car, and a six pack, who knows?

John

This brings back memories.

In the late 60's I used to fly down the Columbia and stop at Longview in my Cub.

Molt Taylor had his shop there. He was always ready to talk about his stuff. There was about three of his Aerocars there in various stages of build. I should have latched on to one of them!

I really dont get the point. I would rather fly a plane and rent a car. Would be neat to see what this actually sells for though. I think they are off base by about a million.

I really dont get the point. I would rather fly a plane and rent a car. Would be neat to see what this actually sells for though. I think they are off base by about a million.

I never have either, I've flown into some fairly desolate airports in MT and have yet to not find a ride, except for the airports where a car won't do you much good. I've never sat in traffic and said "Dang, I wish I was burning TBO Hours off" either or even willing to risk my old Cherokee out among st my fellow "drivers" on their cell phones, icy roads, booze and slinging rocks.

TerraFuschia?

pinksuzukiplaneCG.jpg

Heck, it's not even road legal in California, it doesn't have fenders. So all it really amounts to is a funny looking airplane. I'll sell you an airplane that looks normal for a heck of a lot less, although it won't be the talk of the fly in or air show. You would be saving more than $1,200,000.00 though. Perhaps use your savings to purchase a house with a hanger, a fancy car, and a six pack, who knows?

John
It has fenders... look again. They are painted black, and mounted very close to the tires.

Don't know if it'd pass DMV inspection in any state, but if I had $1.2 mil burning a hole in my pocket, I'd buy it just for the "gee whiz" factor.

It has fenders... look again. They are painted black, and mounted very close to the tires.

Don't know if it'd pass DMV inspection in any state, but if I had $1.2 mil burning a hole in my pocket, I'd buy it just for the "gee whiz" factor.

By gosh your right. I'll send in my offer tonight.

John

+1....it will probably wind up in a museum.

I forget the cable channel, but there was a "Mysteries of the Museum" show last night (or day before) that had a segment on Molt Taylor and the Aerocar. Pretty interesting. Learned about his challenges of gaining certification and that at one time Ford showed interest in producing them.

It should only have to pass the 1954 requirements.

My B-I-L's Model T only has one taillight, no windshield washer fluid, and no seat belts. It still passes, because it met the 1926 requirements.

The biggest impediment I see to Aero Type Cars is corrosion. I suppose it would be workable in Arizona or Nevada but here in the Northeast or Mid west driving on salted winter roads would destroy the thing. I suppose there could be some composite fix but I'd think that would be a big problem.

Back