Aerobatic Training

shippjean

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
PilotJeannie
If anyone is Locate near the PTK area there is an excelant aerobatic instruction at Sutton Aviation, just incase you were looking for something fun to do this summer!

Happy Flying!
~Jeannie

If anyone is Locate near the PTK area there is an excelant aerobatic instruction at Sutton Aviation, just incase you were looking for something fun to do this summer!

Happy Flying!
~Jeannie

Hi Jeannie!

Are you flying with Barry now? I've hear his little bumble bee is a blast to fly. I've not flow aerobatic (or even a tailwheel) since I moved to PA. Wonder if Barry is busy Red Bull weekend... I could sure use and attitude adjustment. ;) I'm really starting to think I need to take an extra day off on that weekend. There is actually a couple of people on the board here who are/were Barry and Geno's students. We talk Sutton Avation up all the time.

Melissa (Hint: GDAC 99)

edit: Thunk, where's my head:

Welcome to the board! This is a great group of people if you ever have a question just ask. If your looking for inspration, look at Diana... She's a heck of a Lady, a pilot, and acrobatic artist. She's also very open about her fears and unexpected triamphs (to her, we all know she can do it) and is truely an inspriation. She makes me want to buy a Citabra and a Farm.

Last edited:
Hi Mellissa,

I am training with Barry you should totally come up and do some training with him as of right now he is not booked and I do not think he is planning on going to the races on Saturday! I can't believe you haven't been taildragging since you moved...I would go nuts....I have been in the thing at least once a week since I got checked out!

At the very least you can come flying with me, if you will be in town!

~Jeannie

No tail draggers within a 2hr drive out to rent... : (

So I'm doing the next best thing, I'm helping my old boss build an Rans S-7 (looks like a 80% Scale Citabra) and I will get to fly it when it's done. : )

I'll be in town for red bull was taking 1/2 of friday, may take all of it and come in early.

Missa

Jeannie, welcome to the board!

And this reminds me that I'd better get moving if we're hoping to do Red Bull! Does anyone know if there still tickets and rooms available? We might actually come in commercial to save a few $$$! :(

Jeannie, welcome to the board!

And this reminds me that I'd better get moving if we're hoping to do Red Bull! Does anyone know if there still tickets and rooms available? We might actually come in commercial to save a few $$$! :(

There are tickets left but only for qualifying day! There are no tickets left for Sunday which is the real flying day!

So I'm doing the next best thing, I'm helping my old boss build an Rans S-7 (looks like a 80% Scale Citabra) and I will get to fly it when it's done. : )

I'll be in town for red bull was taking 1/2 of friday, may take all of it and come in early.

Missa

Aww thats sad...but the Rans is an awesome airplane! There are a couple of then around here!

You should definitly take the whole day off and come flying with us!

There are tickets left but only for qualifying day! There are no tickets left for Sunday which is the real flying day!

No tickets left in Winsor? There was the last time I check but oh well I need to travel on Sunday so I'm not too worried about not seeing Sunday.

No tickets left in Winsor? There was the last time I check but oh well I need to travel on Sunday so I'm not too worried about not seeing Sunday.

I didn't check on the Windsor side...my info is probably off then...sorry!

I didn't check on the Windsor side...my info is probably off then...sorry!
From what I've been able to tell, there are no tickets at all on the US side (except $930 High Flyer premium seats), but everything's available on the Canadian side.
Detroir%20Riverwalk.JPG
blank.gif
Spectators will have the opportunity to experience the Detroit Red Bull Air Race in one the four ticketing zones located on the Detroit side of the river. Food and beverage concessions will also be available on-site.
Ticket prices start at 15 USD
Sold out!

Missa

Hello Missa,
I'm trying to find someone who does aerobatic instruction within two hours of the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton, PA area. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Teich

Hello Missa,
I'm trying to find someone who does aerobatic instruction within two hours of the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton, PA area. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Teich

No idea... but if you find someone let me know! I've been here two years and I'm still looking.

Does anyone know where to buy an extra 300, I have heard air craft sales are way down and now is a good time to get a good deal, normally these things go for around 200K new which is ok but I dont want to pay more than I have to if I can get a certified used one because 200K I will have to save up for another 5 or so years to get a healthy down payment and be able to pay for the hull insurance, maintence etc. I tried emailing the factory on more than one occasion and got no response. Where are people finding these planes at, it has been my life dream to fly acrobatics and is the only reason I want a pilots license but I wont do it half assed either. Almost everything I have done in my life has been to put myself in a position to do this (getting an engineering degree and a great job so I can afford it, my flight training, etc) and I am coming very close to realizing the dream. I emailed Jon Melby after seeing him at the almendorf air show, im sure he is a busy guy so I will feel fortunate if I get a reply. I guess the biggest thing is getting help figuring out how much $$$ is needed up front and what all the expenses of running such an air craft are. I definatly want to take advantage of this ressession to get a cut rate deal on a plane but at the same time I realize that an extra 300 is not a cessna.

Does anyone know where to buy an extra 300, I have heard air craft sales are way down and now is a good time to get a good deal, normally these things go for around 200K new which is ok but I dont want to pay more than I have to if I can get a certified used one because 200K I will have to save up for another 5 or so years to get a healthy down payment and be able to pay for the hull insurance, maintence etc.

The list of Extra dealers is here.

Does anyone know where to buy an extra 300, I have heard air craft sales are way down and now is a good time to get a good deal, normally these things go for around 200K new which is ok but I dont want to pay more than I have to if I can get a certified used one because 200K I will have to save up for another 5 or so years to get a healthy down payment and be able to pay for the hull insurance, maintence etc.

You're not going to be able to find an Extra new for $200K - Not even close. More like $350K.

Now *IS* a good time to buy a used one, used to be you couldn't find 'em for less than $250K but I scoured the Internet and found four for less than $250K:

http://www.barnstormers.com/ad_manager/ad_detail.php?ID=253762
http://www.trade-a-plane.com/clsfdspecs/803483
http://greatvehicles.chooseyouritem.com/airplanes/files/66000/66327.html
http://www.trade-a-plane.com/clsfdspecs/790100

You might do better to buy an airplane to train in, like a Citabria (will let you get started on Acro and build tailwheel time that you'll need to get insured in the Extra) and keep saving money as well. Then, when you're ready to fly the Extra you could sell the Citabria and move on up. :yes:

Back