Aerion Corporation's SuperSonic Business Jet

Tristar

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Tristar
For those of you that enjoy new technology, I encourage you to read a paper I wrote not only for your benifit of knowing what could be out there but for mine in the request for your feedback. There is a company in Reno, Nevada named Aerion that is undergoing research in designing a business jet that can go supersonic. Thier jet is unique in that although the aircraft itself is new technology, the engine is a standard JT8D found on some basic airliners. Yet with some minor modifications, Aerion Corporation promises a sustained supersonic flight of Mach 1.6. I've found a few articles that relate its size and some performance (except speed) comparable to a Gulfstream. Its a pretty awesome aircraft although it took a little research to find information since Aerion is still in preliminary stages.

Enjoy!
Tristan

Attachments

• Turbine paper.doc
    35 KB · Views: 20
It's a good article. I was disappointed when the Concorde was decommissioned.
Aerion is looking for partners. I think PIPER would make a good one. Cessna already has their highspeed bus.

For those of you that enjoy new technology, I encourage you to read a paper I wrote not only for your benifit of knowing what could be out there but for mine in the request for your feedback. There is a company in Reno, Nevada named Aerion that is undergoing research in designing a business jet that can go supersonic. Thier jet is unique in that although the aircraft itself is new technology, the engine is a standard JT8D found on some basic airliners. Yet with some minor modifications, Aerion Corporation promises a sustained supersonic flight of Mach 1.6. I've found a few articles that relate its size and some performance (except speed) comparable to a Gulfstream. Its a pretty awesome aircraft although it took a little research to find information since Aerion is still in preliminary stages.

Enjoy!
Tristan

JOOC, what does jet engine design have to do with "radar interference"?

This company has been around for a few years. My guess is it's vaporware.

The drawings look cool though.

Back