Aerial Sightseeing in Central FL

jsstevens

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
jsstevens
For those who live and/or fly in the central Florida area, where would you take someone flightseeing? The most spectacular (relatively close) area I can think of is the east coast north of Kennedy Space Center up past Daytona Beach. I've been to the west coast from Ceday Key south to the edge of the Tampa class Bravo and it's not much to look at.

I'm based out of Orlando Executive (KORL) and would like to take my daughter flightseeing before she goes back to Texas at the end of August.

John

For those who live and/or fly in the central Florida area, where would you take someone flightseeing? The most spectacular (relatively close) area I can think of is the east coast north of Kennedy Space Center up past Daytona Beach. I've been to the west coast from Ceday Key south to the edge of the Tampa class Bravo and it's not much to look at.

I'm based out of Orlando Executive (KORL) and would like to take my daughter flightseeing before she goes back to Texas at the end of August.

The islands from the Tampa Bay area and points South aren't terrible to look at. But your right, there is nothing to see once you get off the beaches, on either side of the state. You could try down around Merrrit Island on the east coast, but there is a ton of airspace right around there that is somewhat not fun to navigate, depending on the status of the restricted areas.

Nothing in central, central fl. Mabe the coast's.

I flew from Sarasoata to NY.......central fl is boreing

Find a dawn patrol.. Go there early so the sun rises while you are in flight and fly low so she can see the small things...
Or if you are comfortable offshore look at Cape Kennedy and the space complex early in the AM...

denny-o

Check out Diznee from above the TFR. Venice-area beaches are beautiful, grab a bit at Sharkey's on the Pier. Fly over to Cedar Key, fairly unspoiled coastline north of Tampa to the panhandle.

I'm in Tampa and always enjoy flying to Albert Whitted Airport KSPG in St Pete. Go thru Tampa's class B and across Tampa Bay. Nice airport, and stuff to see nearby ("the Pier"). From there you can fly south and see the Skyway Bridge, turn west and fly along the Gulf beaches.

Back