Advice for new Career Pilot

marco polo

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
marco polo
We have a family friend in South America who is interested in becoming a career pilot. He would come here for training and then return to SA. I have seen the website for ATP flight schools. From their website, they have many locations and very structured programs for prof pilots.

Can anyone recommend ATP? I got my PPL recently, and went through a local, small airport flight school. Booking airplanes and instructors was best effort. Fine for me, but may not be as good for someone getting a commercial ticket.

ATP is overpriced.

Much better options out there.

ATP is a great flight school. They have a great program with top notch experienced instructors.

Amercian flyers specializes in this path.

When I was at their Addison TX location a few months ago, they had about 20 central and south american students going from PP to ???

ATP is overpriced.

Much better options out there.

:yes:

As far as ATP Inc goes, as a working airline transport pilot, I went to ATP inc to get my a quick rating, at the time I had over a thousand hours of dual given as a instructor myself, and a few thousand working as a commerical pilot.

ATP Inc was by far the worst instruction I have ever paid for, it's fast food quality education and a five star price.

I'd look elsewhere, no experience with American flyers but I've heard good things.

I went through atps fast track program. If I could do it over again I would have stayed with American flyers. I got lucky and my instructors actually cared but a lot of them don't and I still got screwed over

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Thank's for the feedback! I will pass it along.

If you're in So Fla, American Flyers is partnered with NOVA Southeastern University. They also have an independent school in Pompano.

Back