Adobe Flash Player Script Error: Script Running Slowly

N918KT

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
KT
Hello everyone. I have a problem with my laptop when going on to certain websites. When I go one of the websites with a script error, I get a message that a script error is causing my Adobe Flash Player to run slowly, and that if it continues to run the computer may become unresponsive, and it asks if I want to stop running the script or something. I don't know what to do with it. Help!

I am running a Windows 7 laptop with a Internet Explorer 8 (I think) and Google Chrome (Both IE and Google Chrome have the same problem), and also Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX.

Hello everyone. I have a problem with my laptop when going on to certain websites. When I go one of the websites with a script error, I get a message that a script error is causing my Adobe Flash Player to run slowly, and that if it continues to run the computer may become unresponsive, and it asks if I want to stop running the script or something. I don't know what to do with it. Help!

I am running a Windows 7 laptop with a Internet Explorer 8 (I think) and Google Chrome (Both IE and Google Chrome have the same problem), and also Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX.

A few example sites would be helpful.

For what it's worth, I think a lot of developers are going bananas with scripts right now, particularly cross-domain scripts that prevent the page from ever loading if the source network is down or slow. A lot of this crap is ad-related and/or tracking-related, some of it is done to create useless visual effects, and some to overcome the limitations of touch screens.

Rarely does any of this scripting improve my ability to read the content, which usually is the only thing I care about. Indeed, usually quite the opposite is the case: The scripting stands between me and the content. So more and more often, I find myself disabling JavaScript altogether just so I can get past all the scripted crap.

-Rich

This means the web developer wrote bad code.:mad2:

A few example sites would be helpful.

For what it's worth, I think a lot of developers are going bananas with scripts right now, particularly cross-domain scripts that prevent the page from ever loading if the source network is down or slow. A lot of this crap is ad-related and/or tracking-related, some of it is done to create useless visual effects, and some to overcome the limitations of touch screens.

Rarely does any of this scripting improve my ability to read the content, which usually is the only thing I care about. Indeed, usually quite the opposite is the case: The scripting stands between me and the content. So more and more often, I find myself disabling JavaScript altogether just so I can get past all the scripted crap.

-Rich

One of the forums I go to is the online forum on College Confidential, talk.collegeconfidential.com.

But I found out that other computers in my college were having the same problem, only a little bit less frequently. So it maybe my online Internet network for the college that is causing this problem. The forum was fine before I left for college about a month ago.

Disable the flash player. Even adobe realizes it's going away.

Back