ADHD class 3 medical deferral

dronepilot99

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
DronePilot99
Hello, I am a drone pilot that needed a class 3 medical to fly agriculture spraying drones. I was able to schedule my class 3 med, and the night before I remembered I had to get a confirmation number by filing the medxpress form. I quickly filled it out, BUT out of ignorance I did not note any prescriptions or previous dr. appointments because I figured my AME would have it on file (which he did) do I need to verify from him if he changed the info in there so that way the FAA doesn't come after me for potentially lying? He told me my app would be deferred and the FAA would send a letter, he acted like it wasn't a big deal but I want to make sure if I should get an attorney, or call the FAA and explain the situation? The medication was Adderall.

Hello, I am a drone pilot that needed a class 3 medical to fly agriculture spraying drones. I was able to schedule my class 3 med, and the night before I remembered I had to get a confirmation number by filing the medxpress form. I quickly filled it out, BUT out of ignorance I did not note any prescriptions or previous dr. appointments because I figured my AME would have it on file (which he did) do I need to verify from him if he changed the info in there so that way the FAA doesn't come after me for potentially lying? He told me my app would be deferred and the FAA would send a letter, he acted like it wasn't a big deal but I want to make sure if I should get an attorney, or call the FAA and explain the situation? The medication was Adderall.
AME pull your prescriptions from local pharmacies? Noticed doctors are doing that now must be part of electronic medical records system. They pull up bunch of stuff haven't taken for years.

I had one doctor said I was an asthmatic in my medical records which I'm not. When I questioned him on it turned out he had seen a one week script for an inhaler I got from an urgent care doctor when I caught a bad flu and couldn't get any sleep from coughing. His excuse was since I had been prescribed that drug it was only used for asthmatics. Doctors prescribe off label all the time he didn't even ask me just put it in there. If they pull up that list of scripts go over each one with them make sure they understand what it was being used for.

AME pull your prescriptions from local pharmacies? Noticed doctors are doing that now must be part of electronic medical records system. They pull up bunch of stuff haven't taken for years.

I had one doctor said I was an asthmatic in my medical records which I'm not. When I questioned him on it turned out he had seen a one week script for an inhaler I got from an urgent care doctor when I caught a bad flu and couldn't get any sleep from coughing. His excuse was since I had been prescribed that drug it was only used for asthmatics. Doctors prescribe off label all the time he didn't even ask me just put it in there. If they pull up that list of scripts go over each one with them make sure they understand what it was being used for.
Correct. They did

The critical questions are
(1) have you had any scripts in the prior 4 years (4i months, be accurate as it will be exmained)
(2) Do you have any other psychiatry problems in your past?

But you can order up your FAA medical record with this form:
(It will take a while)

B

Attachments

• BluRbnAsk(8065-2)03.26.24.pdf
    543.9 KB · Views: 28
The critical questions are
(1) have you had any scripts in the prior 4 years (4i months, be accurate as it will be exmained)
(2) Do you have any other psychiatry problems in your past?

But you can order up your FAA medical record with this form:
(It will take a while)

B
Yes, I have had recent scripts that I did not put down but the Dr. knew about them so he put it in the system I assume? Could I get in trouble because I personally didn't? I had anxiety when I was younger, which I did take medication temporarily. He saw that too

Back