ADHD … is it a death sentence?

I might get flamed for this but when I was a kid, there wasn't such a thing as ADHD. If you exhibited symptoms of what is now called ADHD, the cure was a parent ripping a strip off your ass. That usually fixed it within a few "doses."

Just my opinion and its worth exactly what you paid for it.

Parents are the worst in recognizing ADD. I've seen parents who fail to see their kids are severly autistic.

That might be a blessing in some cases. I've known a few aspies in particular whose symptoms got much worse once they were officially diagnosed and started "treatment." It was almost as if once they were diagnosed, they started trying to fill out the expectations of how someone with Asperger's should act.

Rich

The other poster said RN, which as you said is quite a by diffrent from a LPN, I mean you're talking like a EMT vs a Paramedic.

Ether way, if you're getting yourself through RN school, clinicals and can hold a job on a floor, you ain't mentally disabled.

In real world practice, in the average community hospital, the only difference between an RN and LPN is that the LPN cant do the admission assessment on a new patient, medicare patients must be assessed once every 24 hours by an RN, and the LPN is sometimes limited in scope of practice with regards to certain tasks that vary from state to state and employer to employer (such as IV push meds, transfusing blood and being in "charge"). When I first got in this business we had a few LVN's in community hospital ICU who were "grandfathered" in.. And they were **** hot rockstars at their craft, even if they didn't have the pedigree..

Not being able to push meds is kinda a big deal.

A LPN is at the same level as a EMT basic
A RN is more like a paramedic

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back