Adding rear child seat?

Skylane81E

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Duncan
Does anyone know anything about adding the rear child seat to the cargo compartment of a Cessna 182?

Where to get it, costs, etc. I know some modification of the floor is involved as our school 182 has the brackets for it but no seat.

Where to get it, costs, etc. I know some modification of the floor is involved as our school 182 has the brackets for it but no seat.

inspect the school's 182 logs and find the STC that put the brackets in.

But now that I'm at work and have the IPC, it's Cessna p/n 0714050-4

Those are known as the AtLee Dodge jump seats they replace the rear seat, and don't add any extra pax.

http://www.fadodge.com/

And a type of seat I didnt know about until i started looking for the 5th seat. I really like the idea of being able to fold up the back seats, taking the bench out is a PITA for converting from cargo to passengers.

Anyone ever used them?

I installed a 3rd jump seat in my 1975 Skylane back in the 80's for my 2 young sons that are now early 30's. I once had 7 people and full fuel out of Whiteman apt. in the San Fernando valley on a 102 degree day and the 182 had no problem. 4 adults, one infant in arms, and both boys in the jump seat to Santa Barbara for lunch. The boys hated it though because they could not see out. They were about 6-7. Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
I am developing an STC to install a third belt on the rear bench seats of older 182's. I would like to know of the interest as currently there is no other STC available. It is much safer and simpler to have three smaller occupants on the rear seat and baggage in the baggage area.

I am developing an STC to install a third belt on the rear bench seats of older 182's. I would like to know of the interest as currently there is no other STC available. It is much safer and simpler to have three smaller occupants on the rear seat and baggage in the baggage area.

For a fair price I'd buy

Hi All,
I own a 1968 L model 182.
I have a Child seat that came with my plane that I am wanting to sell. I have the seat (its in nice shape, Green) & the 2 mountin brackets that attach to the floor in the luggage compartment. Please let me know if anyone would like a picture. Send me an email address or a cell & I send a few off.
Capt Gary:goofy:

I'm interested in the seat, please send me an email if still for sale.
Actually, I'm also interested in the third seat belt plan. Please keep us posted on your progress!

Fly safe, Sam.

I have dual child bench seat that came with my 1977 Cessna R172K. They are removable and there are brackets and seat belts for them. They effectively create a 3rd row of seats in the baggage compartment. I've used them once with a single 3 year old passenger. Seem to work fine for when you need them. Easy to install and remove.

I'm interested in the seat, brackets and belt. Our club has a 182 but no child bench seat and we have three small children looking to do some short cross countries.

Hi, I've a seat for sale. USD1100 plus post.

It's in okay condition, no tears etc. but fabric a little faded, no brackets or belts. Can include installation diagram, Cessna parts list etc.

For what it's worth - the brackets can still be got from Cessna (or manufactured) and the seatbelts would need to be sourced new anyway (too old to still use).

Fly safe, Sam.

Thanks Sam. Do you know the part numbers for the brackets and belt? Any recommendations on where to order from? Also I've read on another website about the seat being for certain serial numbers. Can it go in any 182? Our club has a 182R.
Thanks again.

Yeah, but they aren't all that great for pax comfort for more than short trips. The slickest thing I've seen is the use of two piper seats in the back row, either of which can be removed individually. The seat legs fit into retainers that are attached to an overlay floor in the aft cabin, with spring-pin releases that allow removal in about a minute. I have a copy of the 337 and can provide pix of the install if you're interested.

My prior 180 had this mod and I loved the flexibility and great for carrying several sets of golf clubs.

And a type of seat I didnt know about until i started looking for the 5th seat. I really like the idea of being able to fold up the back seats, taking the bench out is a PITA for converting from cargo to passengers.

Anyone ever used them?

I am looking for a rear child seat for our Cessna 182. Does anyone have one for sale or know where I can find one?

I still have a spare one, details as above.

It's fabric is messy, but perfectly functional - either leave as is or put a cover over it...

Fly safe, Sam.

Any development on this?

Hi,

I have one of these seats you are discussing from a Cessna 172. It's in nice vintage condition. Let me know if any of you are still interested.

Yes. We are doing a prebuy on a 182P. I will be in touch if we purchase.

Hi,

I have one of these seats you are discussing from a Cessna 172. It's in nice vintage condition. Let me know if any of you are still interested.

If you still have it, I'm interested. Do you have a picture? Is it the folding type? There was a fixed type and a folding one.

I've flown a few single engine Cessna's in the past with the child seats. I was always hesitant to use them because it puts the kids right next to the baggage door. Yikes! I do realize it would difficult to open in the airstream but still.

That reminds me of the time I was checking a fellow out in his new 206. He had to have 5 hours with a CFI so I put him through he paces. One flight he brought his 6 year-old daughter with him. I expressed concern because our lesson plan was slow flight & stalls. He said not to worry she'd love it. Into the flight I asked him to perform a full-power departure stall. Just as the stall warner began to squeal I happened to look back to see his daughter standing in the baggage compartment holding on the the back of a seat. I yelled don't complete the stall Allison is in the baggage compartment! He leveled the plane & told his daughter to get back in her seat belt.

Instructors see it all.

I have dual child bench seat that came with my 1977 Cessna R172K. They are removable and there are brackets and seat belts for them. They effectively create a 3rd row of seats in the baggage compartment. I've used them once with a single 3 year old passenger. Seem to work fine for when you need them. Easy to install and remove.
Do you still have this seat?

Hi,

Do you still have this seat?

I have a rear child seat for a 1978 Cessna 180K for sale. It appears to have the original upholstery, which is in good shape.

I have a rear child seat for a 1978 Cessna 180K for sale. It appears to have the original upholstery, which is in good shape.
is your seat for still for sale by chance? I have a 180K that needs one.

Back