Adding existing hours to foreflight logbook ?

Discussion in 'Pilot Training' started by scott a franco, Jan 24, 2023 at 6:13 PM.

1. scott a franco

scott a franco Filing Flight Plan

Display name:
    samiam95124
    I am using foreflight logbook for all my flights right now, since it is pretty much automated.

However I don't feel like entering 30 years of paper logbook entries into foreflight. Has anyone found a way to just enter the flight totals to foreflight, total time, pic, night, etc, so that it reads the current accurate totals? Ie., I want to enter starting values into foreflight.

Thanks,

Scott Franco
    San Jose, CA

2. jssmith.lh

jssmith.lh Pre-Flight

Display name:
    Goldthwaite flyer
    I added one N number of each aircraft type and put the totals for that type against that N number. If anyone wanted to see something specific like a long cross county I'd have to go to the paper logs, but that doesn't happen very often.

mcdewey likes this.
  3. DesertNomad

DesertNomad Pattern Altitude

Display name:
    DesertNomad
    Just make one entry with the right numbers. It won’t sort out complex, tail wheel, etc. if you do it this way of course.

Tantalum likes this.
  4. scott a franco

Display name:
    samiam95124
    So I couldn't find a way to delete this post. I figured out the answer after posting it, which is to add a fake entry that has the total time from the paper logbook, ie., a 900 hour flight!

Tantalum likes this.
  5. scott a franco

Display name:
    samiam95124
    Yea, you guys are faster than I am :)

6. Stan Bergey

Stan Bergey Filing Flight Plan

Display name:
    SJB
    But does the big starter entry get you the breakdown of flight times, multi, retract, day, night, x-c, PIC, etc? One of the cool things about an e-log is the instant breakdown of flight times for the 8710-1 form for a checkride application.

7. mandm

mandm Cleared for Takeoff PoA Supporter

Display name:
    Michael
    Log all of your hours as one flight? Sometimes for insurance you might want hours specified for aircraft type too.

Stan Bergey likes this.
  8. Pinecone

Pinecone Pattern Altitude

Display name:
    Pinecone
    Not FF, but I use Safe Log Pro. It asks for a starting hours entry. It is broken down to TW, Complex, Retract, etc, if you enter it that way.

When I originally started using an electronic log book (AeroLog Pro a long time ago), I entered all my old flights. I just did a page or two each evening in front of the TV.

I still have a starting entry, as I lost my first log book. :(

9. FlyBoyAndy

FlyBoyAndy Pre-takeoff checklist

Display name:
    FlyBoyAndy
    I added all of mine over a several week period. I started in 1983, but didn't take it back up until the 90's. It took me a while.