Adding a taxi light to my Cherokee

callegro

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Callegro
Hi guys,

This might sound absurd, but I was wondering if I can add a taxi light, along with the landing light on my Cherokee. On the field where I have my tiedown, it is not lit and I definitely need some form of taxi light, especially at night. The thing is, that I don't wanna blind other aircraft, and a lower intensity would be nice. Along with that, having a taxi/landing light configuration would make me more visible in the air. Am I overthinking this? What do you guys think? I could've sworn that I have seen LED landing lights that also have a lower intensity on them to toggle from taxi/landing lights.....

Thanks

Get the RMD wing tips and put in HIDs. Your looking at $2500 in parts plus install.

Get the RMD wing tips and put in HIDs. Your looking at $2500 in parts plus install.
The install should be about 10 hours, maybe a little less. Be sure the A&P has replaced a wingtip before and has learned how to avoid the wavy edge of a bungled instal.

Also allow for painting the new wingtips. You can save a bit by going with LEDs rather than HIDs and you'll still have plenty of light.

LEDs are cool, but they still cannot out perform the HIDs for useable light output. Or just go cheap and get the halogens. Still will be a boatload of light.

Back