Len Lanetti

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Lenny
LATEST NEWS
The Denver Business Journal - 1:36 PM MDT Wednesday
Adam Aircraft receives approval on A500 plane

http://www.bizjournals.com/search/bin/search?t=denver&am=denver&q=""&f=byline&am=120_days&r=20[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Adam Aircraft received a certificate from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Wednesday recognizing that its A500 Centerline Twin aircraft meets the necessary performance specifications and requirements required by the agency.

The certificate, known as a Type Certificate, is issued by the FAA after aircraft in development has been put through a series of flight test work and submits results for approval.

The A500 is a twin-piston aircraft with a backlog of 65 customers waiting to receive one upon completion.

Adam Aircraft designs and manufactures advanced aircraft for civil and government markets. The company's headquarters are located at Centennial Airport in Englewood, Colo.

[/font]

© 2005 American City Business Journals Inc.

As I live practically next to Centennial, I get to see "Adam 1" (its call sign) fly a lot. Its a really neat airplane. The engines can be replaced with turbines when its time to upgrade if you so desire, with only "minor" modifications.

Adam Aircraft just might make it. I don't know about the other aircraft mfg on the field, ATG who is producing a two seat, fighter like, personal jet at $2MM per unit. I just don't see a large enough market for this airplane. Cool, and fun to fly I'm sure.

I'm happy to see them reach certification. I know it was expected quite a bit earlier. It looks like a neat aircraft and it will be interesting to follow the market resonse along with real customer flying experiences.

Most cool. Wonder how long it will take to have aircraft in customer's hands, and how long it will take them to get a production certificate. This is a design that I think has real potential to survive.

Anthony said:
I don't know about the other aircraft mfg on the field, ATG who is producing a two seat, fighter like, personal jet at $2MM per unit.
That's the one I want. :yes:

I know. Dream on.

Javelin

I believe when I read the certification info it was for VFR below 12,000 feet; not what the company wanted or expected at this point in the approval process. Pressurized twin buyers will demand more--possibly before closing on their plane.

Realize there are sometimes interum certs that are later upgraded, but this is unusual.

Best,

Dave

Sexy beast, I covet owing one. However, Dr. Bruce's Seneca or Lance's Baron are 70 - 80% of the speed for a fraction of the cost.

Of course it's pressurized, leather, new avionics, centerline thrust. Drool, slurp. Ahhhhhh, ohhhhhh.:goofy:

Angel Flight West, Colorado Wing meeting last month was at Adam Aircraft, including an up close and personal tour of the A500. Guess who missed the meeting? :dunno:

I think they went belly up several years ago. 5 built - no support.

Holy necropost, Batman!

I saw an Adams aircraft parked at PDK a month or so back. Pretty cool.

I saw an Adams aircraft parked at PDK a month or so back. Pretty cool.

I saw one at FTY about 6 months ago, it's a neat looking airplane, glad I don't own one, but it looks cool. Kinda like a Duke!! :D

Back