Acquiring Old FAA Sectionals ?

ARFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ARFlyer
I got curious this afternoon about finding out if you can get reproductions of old sectionals. Our local ATC TWR has a 1942 Little Rock sectional tacked to the wall that I would love to have a copy of.

The FAA FAQ page states to either inquire with the National Archives or the Library of Congress. Both websites are completely useless and both collections are not fully listed. One of my friends who works in that field said I would almost have to go in person to get a copy. However, I do not foresee a trip to Washington D.C. in my near future.

Has anyone ever had any luck in getting old sectionals and if so how did you go about getting one?

Personally, I happened to stumble across some of my dad's stuff from the 60s-70s. Funny how things changed around here....

Anyway, you may want to try ebay. There's loads of that sort of stuff on there in the $5-10 range.

I had sectionals from the sixties and seventies,also from the nineties .I got rid of them last year when I moved from a house to a condo.I would also recommend E Bay you never know.I would also change the thread to one that asks if anyone has any they may want to part with. Good Luck

I have a pdf from a scanned Little Rock sectional dated Feb. 20, 1958.

It is 300mb so very detailed. I will give you an electronic copy if you ever get to H35.

Email N9564H (at) gmail.com

Back