Accidentally had a runway incurrence today

I hate 23 at MYF. Poorly marked and not well maintained.

I did something similar at myf. Thought i was off of 28R at Echo, but was on 23. Told twr of my sin, and they basically had that "meh, it happens" attitude. it was prolly around 730 in the evening, and there was VERY little traffic

I did something similar at myf. Thought i was off of 28R at Echo, but was on 23. Told twr of my sin, and they basically had that "meh, it happens" attitude. it was prolly around 730 in the evening, and there was VERY little traffic

Probably because Tower treats 23 like a taxiway whenever 28L/R is in use. As much traffic as they have coming in on 28R, they'd much rather you exit onto 23 than go full length.

Probably because Tower treats 23 like a taxiway whenever 28L/R is in use. As much traffic as they have coming in on 28R, they'd much rather you exit onto 23 than go full length.

Echo intersects 23 within a few yards of where 23 and 28R intersect. It's a sore spot and a gotcha

I had something similar happen the other day....I think it was at Prescott, AZ.....I was landing in the Duchess and just as I start to flare, tower is telling me to exit at a given intersection. I'm thinkin' 'I haven't even landed yet!'
Remember, it's always September at PRC tower.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back