Accelerated Instrument Instruction

SbestCFII

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
CFII Scott - The IFR Coach
Safe and happy flying!

Last edited:
Typo in your website URL. It's obxflight not obxfight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thought that sounded a little adversarial.

Hey Scott! Good to see you post. Wanted to stop and see you as I was at atlantic beach. Decided Afghanistan or wherever was little far. Guys I did this course few years ago with Scott. It is a great course with a great guy. Learned a bunch in a short time and had fun flying in places I probably wouldn't have flown in. Kinda fun to be talking with Washington center and sea lord and such. He couldn't begin to tell you how much fun that he and his wife include you in and how welcoming they are. By the time you make it to the check ride it all seems fairly easy as you have been flying ifr continuously for a week, all day. I had a great time and made two lifelong friends. I flew Scott's plane and enjoyed it. I had never flown a warrior but it worked well for ifr training. I got to use my new ticket on the way back home! Like everyone says it works much better when going thru a accelerated course to file ifr most of the time after getting ticket to feel more comfortable using the system. These days I file almost always and enjoy flying the flight levels. I enjoyed my time with Scott and his lovely wife Lisa I'd almost take the course again. Again thanks a bunch Scott.

Thanks...I'm not the Best typist.

I've had no complaints on the pricing. I'm actually often told I'm pretty cheap compared to, say, PIC and other similar programs. My wife and I like hosting pilots and have acquired a lot of new friend over the past few years.

Hopefully we'll get down to Plant City while you're in FL one of these days. NE is a little too far, but would like to see the FBO. The Duck is getting paint / interior early next year to match the avionics.

So I am all for accelerated programs as I did the PIC program in 10 days but should't an IFR student do the 10 hours of hood/instrument work AFTER they have worked with a CFII?

So add 10 hours of dual to that price unless you are looking for a finish up program...correct?

most people already have several hours of hood time anyway. I'm also guessing most people who go this direction have spent a few hours starting training and then realize it's going to take really long at couple hours a week. I took his course and I thought it was great. Scot and his wife are great people. You don't forget much flying ifr everyday. All day.

So I am all for accelerated programs as I did the PIC program in 10 days but should't an IFR student do the 10 hours of hood/instrument work AFTER they have worked with a CFII?

So add 10 hours of dual to that price unless you are looking for a finish up program...correct?

I'm seriously considering this and that's the boat I'm in. I've done a few instrument lessons and have had a tough time with scheduling and finding another instructor.

Scott will work with you on the hours. I did his course and really enjoyed it. It is very intensive but after about 2 days it is much easier. He has a sim you can practice with also if you feel the need. I'd do it again in a minute.

Hey TheBoys, I don't remember, did you take this course and like it? LOL

Ha. I did, I did. Before I took it I really didn't see a lot of need for ifr rating. I was doing fine Vfr. I did own a columbia at the time and thought it would lower my insurance, which it did. I was wanting to move up to something pressurized and knew to fly flight levels I would have to have it. Now that I have it I don't know how I ever got to go anywhere. I file ifr about 90% of the time I fly now and run into imc conditions over half of my trips seems. I really looked around and talked to about everybody doing the accelerated courses and decided to go with Scott. Obviously from my previous posts I don't regret it.

Yeah, that's about it, but it should only be 7 since the 3 hours hood during PPL does count.

What type of stuff do you teach your students about icing?

How much IMC are your guys averaging?

How much sim time?

What type of stuff do you teach your students about icing?

How much IMC are your guys averaging?

How much sim time?

The typical stuff...conditions that promote / predict icing, types and effects on aerodynamics, tail stalls, importance of Pireps, etc.

No sim logging...100 % in the plane. Actual varies due to conditions, but examples usually run 3 - 9 hours in IMC. Considering a touch trainer to benefit the pilots with less than 10 hours hood time.

Shoot me an email - SBestCFII@aol.com if you have any more ???s and I'll send you a draft copy of an Instrument Handbook I've writing this past year.

Back