A36 down in Texas

Always hard to ear.
Praying for the families.

He was a CP-ASEL with instrument rating. Sad about their daughter; she'd graduated an hour before this, and the family was traveling to San Antonio for a wedding in Boerne (misspelled Burney in the article, but pronounced that way). Looks like they were trying to beat bad weather and lost the gamble.

That front boundary passed over me about 3am this morning and it was packing some fierce wind. Getthereitis. One kid left without a family. Very sad all around.

Wow, sounds like they didn't even really make it out of the airport area.

We were flying home from the Odessa area watching radar and that was some seriously nasty weather up there. Pretty sure I was seeing rotation on Foreflight up that way. That would have been a no-go call for us.

Sad for the son ,may they rest in peace.

Reminds me of the guy in the Mooney a few years back going out of Angel Fire with 30kt x wind on departure. The airport manager tried to talk him out of it, but he was determined to go and go he did, right into the ground off the departure end. Full plane, very sad.

When a storm can drive an L-1011 at full power into the ground, it makes you wonder why folks think that they can do better in a piston single....

Wish we could educate those that fly with us regularly so when we get getthereitis, they can say "I'm not going" and the pax don't suffer as a result of us cutting the margins too close.

Non-pilot pax trust us implicitly. We have to make the right call or give them the ability to go on more than just that trust.

Really sad deal here. :(

Back