A321 almost eats it on approach

BTDT.
But it looks much funnier to see the big boys do it.
Do you think he tried for a second approach? Would you have?
I would have gone elsewhere after that go around.

Never thought I'd see an airliner pull a "March in New Mexico" goaround. Very neat find. Bet the passengers were scared.

Looks like a serious case or PIO in both pitch and roll. And although it's hard to tell for certain, it sure looks like the flaps were up. Is that even possible on a A321?

Looks sorta like the ride I got on a Delta 767 going into Atlanta one day. Loce ceilings and imbedded TSRA moving over the field.

Almost as much fun as sitting in back during an rejected takeoff just prior to rotate on an old DC-9 out of DCA.

What's a better approach; slip or crab? And can you do a successful slip in a plane the size of a A321?

silver-eagle said:
What's a better approach; slip or crab? And can you do a successful slip in a plane the size of a A321?

Don't know about the A321, but many airliners can't slip very much without dragging and engine or wingtip, plus it tends to rattle the pax. But with all that momentum the crab/kick should work pretty well.

777 slips just fine. But in a real stiff crosswind, it is recommended to do a combination of both slip and crab. They will land in a crab just fine.

Back