A20 or Zulu2...not another one of these!

Bman.

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bman.
Ok, I already own the previous generation of A20s. I am looking at getting another PAX headset. I was convinced that A20's is the way to go but now I am thinking it might not be worth the extra $300 for A20s over Zulu2 (now $800 bucks).

I figure I could take the extra $300 saved and apply it to a Stratus II or something useful.

Someone tell me "Yes, there is not $300 difference between the two. You would be nuts getting A20s for the extra money". I just know I like my current A20s so it's tough to pull the trigger.

Benjamin

I got the A20 for PAX headset. I love it, it's comfortable, and I wanted PAX to have the same experience. Especially first timers.

That's where I am with the headset. This is one area that I can provide a degree of comfort as a given. The question is can I do that same thing with Zulu2 versus A20?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's where I am with the headset. This is one area that I can provide a degree of comfort as a given. The question is can I do that same thing with Zulu2 versus A20?

There I have no idea. I've only worn the A20. #pinkyout lol

Tried both, prefer the A20 over the Zulu2. In my opinion, the A20s feel more comfortable and I like the noise cancellation over the Zulu2's.

Ok, I already own the previous generation of A20s. I am looking at getting another PAX headset. I was convinced that A20's is the way to go but now I am thinking it might not be worth the extra $300 for A20s over Zulu2 (now $800 bucks).

I figure I could take the extra $300 saved and apply it to a Stratus II or something useful.

Someone tell me "Yes, there is not $300 difference between the two. You would be nuts getting A20s for the extra money". I just know I like my current A20s so it's tough to pull the trigger.

Benjamin

I have the A20 and the Zulu.2 and use them both regularly. The Zulu.2 is the better headset by every measure. The only reason I use the A20 is I could switch the plugs to the right ear which is convenient since I set in the right seat of my airliner.

I have a Zulu, now a Zulu 2, work plane as a hard wired new A20, I prefer my Zulus and always wear them instead of the ships A20s.

I have the A20 and the Zulu.2 and use them both regularly. The Zulu.2 is the better headset by every measure. The only reason I use the A20 is I could switch the plugs to the right ear which is convenient since I set in the right seat of my airliner.

Also arnt the Zulus a no no for airlines ops TSO wise?

I love my Zulu 2s. Never tried the A20s though.

I couldn't do it... I really wanted to. I stuck with what I know already....A20s. Call me a sucker, I probably don't know what I am missing.
I guess I will be happy to be in the air either way.

Zulu 2 user and love them, but for my passengers I got the Lightspeed Sierra. Almost as good but lower cost.

I figure everything from here on out headsets are going to be cheaper. I have other things to worry about like ADS-B out. EGads...

David Clark One-X

Cheaper than Bose. Better than both IMHO. Lightest and most compact, super durable and incredibly comfortable. Best headset I've ever worn.

DC_one-x_aircraft_wing-2.jpg

Last edited:
A20 over Zulu for me any day of the week. If you know a teacher, ask them to buy them for you. Bose gives 15% teacher discount for them.

Also arnt the Zulus a no no for airlines ops TSO wise?

I've never heard it raised as an issue. Many captains I fly with use the consumer non-aviation Bose headsets with the add-on mic. I think it was the cheapest ANR solution when they were flying as FOs.

This. If you want good quality and reasonable price, Sierra are great for passengers.

I own the Bose A20's and the Sierras, and in quality of sound, sound suppression, and flexibility , the Sierras are hands down better. Wearing comfort about the same , with a slight edge to the Bose.

Cheers

I own the Bose A20's and the Sierras, and in quality of sound, sound suppression, and flexibility , the Sierras are hands down better. Wearing comfort about the same , with a slight edge to the Bose.

Cheers
Dang, I never really thought about how they compared to other headsets, that is saying a lot that an entry level headset outperforms the higher end one.

Dang, I never really thought about how they compared to other headsets, that is saying a lot that an entry level headset outperforms the higher end one.

I know , it surprised the hell out of me.

Cheers

Back