39 KB · Views: 86
  • bombidier1.jpg
    bombidier1.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 124
  • bombidier2.jpg
    bombidier2.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 118
Man I think I would have expelled a brick read the report then see the photos

That's incredible Adam. Glad to hear the crew made it back down safely.
As for expelling items, yea, I would have as soon as the puckering was over :eek:

The bird remains will be recovered with assistance from a USDA biologist and sent to the Smithsonian Institute for identification.

Looking at the pictures, I think they can save some money- just use a Q-tip swab & use a local biochemist with an electrophoresis setup. There's not much left of the whole bird. Yuck!

Interesting that, except for that one screen, the avionics are still working.

I believe it's a specific reinforcement, sometimes a heavy mesh screen, which acts as a "strainer" in the event of a birdstrike, converting the bird to goo while absorbing energy.

Tim, that sentence is the epitome of technical writing perfection.

Rich

Sheesh Matt, nothing to get your feathers all ruffled up over. Let the puns fly!

CVR will be downloaded.

I think they're wasting their time. I can take a pretty good guess at what they'll find on the CVR starting at about 0.1 second after impact - particularly coming from the copilot.

I think they're wasting their time. I can take a pretty good guess at what they'll find on the CVR starting at about 0.1 second after impact - particularly coming from the copilot.

You ain't kidding! I hope it shows up on YouTube - I'd expect a potentially-world record setting string of expletives.

LOL ain't that the truth.

Heck, I did that on the first flight of my spin training. But, there's no evidence of it. :)

Back