A rack for the shop - wood storage, spar storage, etc.

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Looks like a good low profile wall-mounted shop rack for holding extrusions, steel tubing, wood parts; cool thing is made from one sheet of plywood.

Video: http://www.woodsmithtips.com/2010/02/18/plywood-lumber-rack/

Plans attached so you don't have to register for their weekly email updates unless you want to.

Attachments

• lumberrack.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 17
Nice. The only change I would make would be something on the very end of the arms that sticks above the horizontal surface to prevent items from rolling forward and off the same surface. A small bit of scrap molding would do the trick.

Nice. The only change I would make would be something on the very end of the arms that sticks above the horizontal surface to prevent items from rolling forward and off the same surface. A small bit of scrap molding would do the trick.

Agreed. There seems to be enough scrap between the supports and the upright supports on the plywood layout to make the same.

Or you can make the arms with a bit of negative angle to accomplish the same thing.

Just level with me Greg... :D

We use one of those in our theatre shop. You definitely want at least a couple pins or something on the end of the lumber supports a few inches high to keep stuff from falling off. We're real world and don't have all nice and pretty pristine organized material up there. If one little piece shifts while putting something up or taking something down, you suddenly have a bunch of 2x4's falling on your head or foot or knocking your ladder out from under you.

I got tired of the regular avalanches and put vertical 1x2's from the bottom to the top at the end of the lumber support arms and pull the material out the side. (I'd do it at least one the middle and one end)

Back