Display name:
Tom-D
I found this today

Attachments

• F24C8-NC13191_1.jpg
    F24C8-NC13191_1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 127
I would only be guessing. But my WAG would be mid 20's
NC13191 survives today, owned by the EAA Aviation Foundation. There's a recent photo of it on the Airventure Museum website. Quoting the caption:
The Model C-8 is the first of seventeen different Fairchild 24 series to be produced over fifteen years. N13191, the last of ten Model C-8s built, is one of two still surviving.

Built by Krieder-Reisner Aircraft, Hagerstown, Maryland, a division of Fairchild Aviation Corporation. ATC #475 issued 4-2-32, expired on 9-30-39.
FAA registration database says year of manufacture is 1933.

A special thanks to Tom and all the folks who keep the classics in good condition and still flying. It's a special part of our history we can't afford to lose.

Someday, I hope I can add to the effort.

A special thanks to Tom and all the folks who keep the classics in good condition and still flying. It's a special part of our history we can't afford to lose.

Someday, I hope I can add to the effort.

Your first step may not be a complete restoration, but it could be ownership and preservation of a nice old flying machine.

FAIRCHILD F24W • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • 1940 Warner 165 "Super Scarab" Hamilton Standard ground adjustable prop, Stainless exhaust system, King KX170B with Mac conversion, KT76A transponder, always hangered. • Contact Ron Hackworth - PLANES OF FAME located Seal Beach, CA USA • Telephone: 562-594.6611 • Posted October 7, 2007 •

Attachments

• NC25328 right.jpg
    NC25328 right.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 25
  • NC25328.jpg
    NC25328.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 18
  • NC25328 inst.jpg
    NC25328 inst.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 35
  • NC25328 cabin.jpg
    NC25328 cabin.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 24
My guess would be that it is a relatively recent picture. The hangar in the picture is right behing the Museum in OSH. I think it may be the very first Hangar they put up when theu built Pioneer Airport for the EAA museum. Neat pic though.

Pete

My guess would be that it is a relatively recent picture. The hangar in the picture is right behing the Museum in OSH. I think it may be the very first Hangar they put up when theu built Pioneer Airport for the EAA museum. Neat pic though.

Pete

I was thinking the same, that's why I asked...

I was thinking the same, that's why I asked...

The manor in which I got the picture says it is not a recent photo. but it could be as late as the 40's.

I'd believe it was the delivery day of the fairchild.

Pete

Keep in mind that those hangars are all replicas. The original picture appears to me to have been taken at the ORIGINAL Pioneer airfield.

Your first step may not be a complete restoration, but it could be ownership and preservation of a nice old flying machine.

FAIRCHILD F24W • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • 1940 Warner 165 "Super Scarab" Hamilton Standard ground adjustable prop, Stainless exhaust system, King KX170B with Mac conversion, KT76A transponder, always hangered. • Contact Ron Hackworth - PLANES OF FAME located Seal Beach, CA USA • Telephone: 562-594.6611 • Posted October 7, 2007 •

Tom, unless I am grossly mistaken, that airplane is a '46 model or newer. The hump in the panel is my clue. Maybe it could have been fitted into that airplane from a later model.

Or maybe I don't know as much about Fairchild 24s as I thought.

Tom, unless I am grossly mistaken, that airplane is a '46 model or newer. The hump in the panel is my clue. Maybe it could have been fitted into that airplane from a later model.

Or maybe I don't know as much about Fairchild 24s as I thought.

You are right about the hump, my 37 was the last year of the flat panel, pluss the gear legs are of the newer style.

I don't know whats up with the "1940" unless that is the year of the engine, the 165 is an upgrade installed later.

Back