A&P Training videos?

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
My 14-year-old daughter is very mechanically inclined and interested in becoming an A&P after she graduates. She's already been sending out for packets from various schools, etc.

Of course, this is all very exciting for me, too, and I want to encourage her along that path.

I'm wondering if there is any sort of video or course, something like the Sporty's or King courses we use for Private Pilot training, that would give her a high-level overview of the things A&P's do, and how they are done. I'm not looking for a test-prep course that just answers the questions on the exam question by question like King does, but something that is more edu-tational.

Ideas??

take her to an airport and let her work with an A&P for a day at an fbo, it will give her a better idea about what goes on than any video, as an A&P myself, i recomend a different line of work for a career, many car dealerships pay better than FBO's, and theres less of a liability.

Since I used to teach for a part 147 or A&P school I have several video tapes on different subjects. I have not seen a single video that cover A&P's. I would suggest you go to the Dallas FSDO and aks to speat to the Safety Program Manager (Maintenance) They have several video's tapes they can loan you on different subject matters. If they do have some let me know and I can send you some of mine, but I will need them back as I plan to teach again. I taught for Texas Centeral College several years back.

If you have any part 147 school in the local area and I beleive American Airlines has one take her for a visit.

Stache

The King catalog came in the other day and I happened to notice that they have the King A&P Mechanics Knowledge Test Courses (DVD) for $599. This encompasses three courses: General, Airframe, and Powerplant.

Edit: Okay, Grant, read to the end of the post before replying. I'll leave the info here in case someone else wants it.

Last edited:
Back