[A]Online polls and computer behavior[A]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
So I just happened to notice that when you go to a news website and, for example take a poll, somehow your computer remembers you were 'there'. If you go back and try to take the poll again (as in two family members, one computer.....or any other innumerable reasons) the site says, 'nuh-uh, buddy - you can't vote again'.
However, if you go to Tools>Cookie Manager and delete the cookie, you can indeed go back and vote again! ...er let your other family members vote. Maybe you have friends with no computer who need to vote?

One should never misuse this tool to 'vote excessively' but I found it interesting and thought others would be interested, too.

So I just happened to notice that when you go to a news website and, for example take a poll, somehow your computer remembers you were 'there'. If you go back and try to take the poll again (as in two family members, one computer.....or any other innumerable reasons) the site says, 'nuh-uh, buddy - you can't vote again'.
However, if you go to Tools>Cookie Manager and delete the cookie, you can indeed go back and vote again! ...er let your other family members vote. Maybe you have friends with no computer who need to vote?

One should never misuse this tool to 'vote excessively' but I found it interesting and thought others would be interested, too.

Or you can turn your cookies off and your computer won't collect them at all. It means it won't remember passwords etc, but the sites can't track you either...

People are just now figuring out that online polls are rigged and that most use a simple cookie for tracking? Really? This is like 1998 stuff.

You found that you can turn all cookies off, if you want, under internet options tab, right?

That would be a major pain, I have accidentally done that.
Having to remember UN/PW for a million sites? No thanks.

People are just now figuring out that online polls are rigged and that most use a simple cookie for tracking? Really? This is like 1998 stuff.

Shhhh... these are pilots you're talking to, that alone puts them 40 years behind. Add to that Dave is from West Texas, that's another 40 years behind. Shoot, Dave isn't even fixin to be born for another few years.

Back