A new one: "Your Europe Based Flight Crew"

astanley

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Andrew Stanley
Yesterday, I departed US Airways from BOS to RIC (Matt -- I asked the gate agent if you were on, she was clueless! I was on the 8:30, and figured you may have been on the RKD/AUG 19 that came in just before we boarded).

After we had to return to the gate to remove a passenger who had "an apparent panic attack", I noticed that the captain, f/o, and FA were all not American. As in, English was not their first language and their accent was Iberian/Madrid or possibly northern Italian. It struck me as odd, that an entire crew would be immigrants or first-generation citizens, and all had the exact same accent.

Upon landing in RIC, the FA thanked us for flying US Airways Express, and on behalf of the Europe based flight crew, to have a great day.

Europe based flight crew? It was a Chautauqua (sorry, Republic) operated flight for US Air Express, and I thought it was odd that they would have imported an EU-based flight crew to fly RJs up and down the east coast...

Has anyone ever heard of this?

Cheers,

-Andrew

Is Chautauqua wet-leasing capacity on a short-term basis?

I've certainly never heard of that, but I don't know much about Chautauqua...I didn't think they had a European contingency, though. Beats me.

If that was 8:30am, I was still in bed; if it was 8:30 pm, you missed me by an hour 20 mins...our last flight out leaves BOS at 7:20pm. Most of the gate agents only know the crew by their last names, that's all that appears on our flight releases. They call us all Teller, Gumpert, Castelloe...but if someone asks for Matt, Jared, or Kevin, they're lost.

I've been on flights where the FA crew is "non-US based". Not suprised at all.

Actually, I've been waiting to hear "I'm Sahib and I'll be your captain today along with Patel. Your Banglore-based crew thanks you for flying United..."

You jest. They just opened a new mega training operation near the HAI campus in Bangalore (at the airport, HAI is Hindustan Aeronautics Industries) -- I think they are buying a gaggle of Eclipse jets, too.

I should be down that way in June. I'll try and get some pics from the airport.

Cheers,

-Andrew

None of the Republic, Shuttle or Chautauqua family have any lines or crew in Europe. Somone was pulling your leg :)

Cheers Andrew from ORD

Last edited:
None of the Republic, Shuttle or Chautauqua family have any lines or crew in Europe. Somone was pulling your leg :)

Cheers Andrew from ORD

Great place to be tonight... not.

Why the hell would they claim to be from Europe? It was an 8:30AM flight, so I wasn't drinking before the flight... :rofl:

Cheers,

-Andrew

I thought the trip looked familiar. I looked it up & the crew is LGA based like I. 3017 BOS-RIC 4/8 MARCO CA, CLAUDIO FO, JULIEANNA FA.

Tomorrow is ORD-CLE-MSP-CLE-ORD. Sat is my birthday & ORD-CLE-OKC-CLE-LGA.

CHeers!

I thought the trip looked familiar. I looked it up & the crew is LGA based like I. 3017 BOS-RIC 4/8 MARCO CA, CLAUDIO FO, JULIEANNA FA.

I'm going to stop drinking at night... how the hell did I get "Europe" out of "New York"????

Cheers,

-Andrew

Actually, I've been waiting to hear "I'm Sahib and I'll be your captain today along with Patel. Your Banglore-based crew thanks you for flying United..."
You jest. They just opened a new mega training operation near the HAI campus in Bangalore (at the airport, HAI is Hindustan Aeronautics Industries) -- I think they are buying a gaggle of Eclipse jets, too.

That would be so they can understand ATC....

attachment.php

Attachments

• outsourced-atc.jpg
    outsourced-atc.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Actually, "Sahib" is just a term for a white person. Substitute "Jayanti" and you'd be closer to the mark.

Back