A New Kind of First Solo

skyflyer8

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
skyflyr
I passed my commercial multiengine add-on checkride Friday Feb. 15th. I took the checkride in the Piper Seminole in Green Bay. I flew it to Madison immediately afterward, for my first solo in a twin. The rating is a big milestone for me!

Attachments

• 080215GRB-MSN3.JPG.jpg
    080215GRB-MSN3.JPG.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 080215GRB-MSN7.JPG.jpg
    080215GRB-MSN7.JPG.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 50
Congratulations! Now you get to fly a twin engine with both of them operating! :yes:

Last edited:
Cool beans, Kate! Does that mean twin-rides at Gaston's? ;)

Congratulations, Kate. Now you understand why that Baron really doesn't want behind the C172 in the pattern.....BLUELINE BLULINE BLULINE :)

What beautiful pictures! It's amazing to hear of anyone letting their students solo the twin. I've met few who do including my flight school.

Big Congrats!

good for YOU!! :)

Don't matter how cold it is outside! You ain't flying outside! Stay inside where it's warm! :)

Kate, that's really awesome, not to mention beautiful pictures!

I look forward to the day when I can go for my first solo in a twin myself.

Congrats!

Yeah it was the first time I realized the plane had two engines... :p

Very very cool...something I still want to do, too. Great pictures, by the way!

whats that? get a multi rating?

That's right. The regionals are so desperate, I got hired, but on the condition that I have to get my multi within a year of my hire date.

I suppose I did not specify very well, thanks for pointing it out, Tony :).

That's right. The regionals are so desperate, I got hired, but on the condition that I have to get my multi within a year of my hire date.

I suppose I did not specify very well, thanks for pointing it out, Tony :).

I thought that's why they required two pilots -- they each get an engine of their own - 2 x ASEL = 1 x AMEL, right? :D

I thought that's why they required two pilots -- they each get an engine of their own - 2 x ASEL = 1 x AMEL, right? :D

Hmmm. But then if an engine fails, wouldn't at least one of us need our glider rating?

Wouldn't help either. One of you would be looking for thermals and the other for a piece of concrete.

Back