A most excellent trip

Henning

Taxi to Parking
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHenning
Well, I just took a trip out west and back with Bob Gerace in his 310 and it was good. He had business in Vegas, and I took the plane from there to LGB for a bit of service by Tom's. All in all it was a great trip. We had a bit of everything from light icing to severe T-storm activity to skirt, black hole departures in the mountains to ILSs shot to minimums. Even had some mechanical transients thrown in for good measure (all of which are now worked out thank you). Spent a bit more time in LGB figuring out what the root of the problem was (low MP in the left, transient with 180* oil temp) and getting something done about it, but in the end, the trip home Sunday proved the left out with perfect pressure the whole way home and now the throttles align perfectly. The best thing is her yoke now fits my hand perfectly and she does exactly what I ask of her, now all I need to do is work on my instrument handflying:eek: . Athough my approaches went very well, including an ILS to mins, my cruise flight from the right seat was downright ugly at least at the beginning, and it came up to "kinda acceptable" by the end. I didn't really do any IMC hand flying from the left as I was learning to get used to managing the autopilot, working the 530/MX-20, monitoring icing....

One major discovery on this trip, Canullas are not sufficient above 14,000. Our sats at 16,000 were in the low 80s. For the trip home we picked up a pair of Aerox masks with mics and our sats stayed at 97% when we had them on at 15,000 with a DA of near 17,000.

All in all, a great trip, thanks Bob.

That sounds like a fun trip! You've spent a lot of hours in planes the past 30 days or so!

Henning is, thus, fully-prepared to fly to Arkansas in June.

Bring Bob's 310. Give rides. Hell, bring Bob.

Was wondering what his plane was doing waaaaay out there!

The question is, though: have your landings gotten any better from the right seat? I think my spine is still compressed from the one you made at RDU :rofl:

-Rich

Was wondering what his plane was doing waaaaay out there!

The question is, though: have your landings gotten any better from the right seat? I think my spine is still compressed from the one you made at RDU :rofl:

-Rich

Squeakers from left or right.:D

Back