A Maule Found Me...

Luscombe scared the snot out of me a few times. I don't have any time landing a Maule, so can't judge.

The biggest "pucker factor" I experienced in a TW aircraft was a 1929 Waco ASO. Big wheels on narrow gear that won't take any side loads, and a rudder bar with ankle brakes (squeezed in using the sides of your ankles).

I'd have to say the easiest I found was the Bellanca Cruiseair/Cruisemasters.

Could you not get the policy that covers "additional CFI pilot" and pay him about $ 2000 then be set and still have a good deal?

Maybe, probably, who knows. I don't think my heart was really in this deal. It was manifesting itself as a deal of oportunity, affordability, and availability. I inquired, was denied by not one but 3 insurance companies. I did not ask about the CFI option, but none of the brokers offered it either. My search will continue for what I am looking for (I don't eeven know what that is yet. Hopefully I'll know it when I see it). I've already passed this deal on to someone else and wish them luck with it. The search continues...

Luscombe scared the snot out of me a few times. I don't have any time landing a Maule, so can't judge.

The Luscombe is a sweet docile airplane...

Sometimes. :smilewinkgrin:

Deb

The easiest TW I landed was the Stinson 108. It's sweet.

The Luscombe is a sweet docile airplane...

Sometimes. :smilewinkgrin:
You know, the voice of experience is that much more interesting when, as now, it's backed up with very good reason to believe the experience actually exists. The signature can be a real help in thsi process. :D

Welcome, Deb. Don't be a stranger.

The easiest TW I landed was the Stinson 108. It's sweet.
Get a ride in an old Otter, all they really want to do is go straight. Push the pedal and wait.

Back