A long time coming...

Why the flight restriction?

Sounds like the shuttle, but why only to FL180? (I may have read it wrong, I don't have my lawyer here tonight).
If it is the SS, this is a good example of how they cannot write a simple, easy to understand TFR. If I were "TFR King", I would start with what Greg wrote:
"Hey folks, shuttle launch. Stay away from the Cape Fri, to next Thursday. Here is the place to avoid:" (large red circle plainly visible on sectional)

Let'sgoflying! said:
Sounds like the shuttle, but why only to FL180? (I may have read it wrong, I don't have my lawyer here tonight).
If it is the SS, this is a good example of how they cannot write a simple, easy to understand TFR. If I were "TFR King", I would start with what Greg wrote:
"Hey folks, shuttle launch. Stay away from the Cape Fri, to next Thursday. Here is the place to avoid:" (large red circle plainly visible on sectional)

Aw, that would be just too easy. It would take away some of the make-work for the gubment.

Let'sgoflying! said:

No need to restrict FL180 and above since ATC owns it and we aren't going there without ATC permission.

Back