A little gathering at the farm this Saturday

Another question...(I'm not real bright, as I'm sure Wayne will attest to ;))...now that it's in my Dropbox folder, can I link it on my Facebook page via Dropbox?

Assumes Windows:

Open Windows Explorer

Files has to be in the Dropbox/Public folder

Right-click on the file and select Dropbox > Copy public link

Now paste the link where you want in Facebook.

Another question...(I'm not real bright, as I'm sure Wayne will attest to ;))...now that it's in my Dropbox folder, can I link it on my Facebook page via Dropbox?

Assumes Windows:

Open Windows Explorer

Files has to be in the Dropbox/Public folder

Right-click on the file and select Dropbox > Copy public link

Now paste the link where you want in Facebook.
:yesnod:, that. It will then work just like the link I posed earlier on this thread. When they click on it, they'll have the option to open the file or save it to their computer. If you want to upload the video file directly to your Facebook account, I can give you a copy without music so there won't be any copyright issues. But simply linking the file from Dropbox won't have that issue.

All y'all are smarter than me about internet stuff. I can't get it to run on my DOS Compaq luggable.

Another question...(I'm not real bright, as I'm sure Wayne will attest to ;))...now that it's in my Dropbox folder, can I link it on my Facebook page via Dropbox?[/QUOTE]

All y'all are smarter than me about internet stuff. I can't get it to run on my DOS Compaq luggable.

Nate will be quite happy to suggest a minor upgrade for that luggable that will make everything run just fine. I believe the upgrade includes a RAM mount and and IPAD3 but Nate will have to supply the details...

Nate will be quite happy to suggest a minor upgrade for that luggable that will make everything run just fine. I believe the upgrade includes a RAM mount and and IPAD3 but Nate will have to supply the details...

I just got done saying in another thread that we left someone who wanted to do stuff in DOS on DOS, and bought him extra old hardware as backup. Heh.

I'm all about people using what they want to use. :)

:yesnod:, that. It will then work just like the link I posed earlier on this thread. When they click on it, they'll have the option to open the file or save it to their computer. If you want to upload the video file directly to your Facebook account, I can give you a copy without music so there won't be any copyright issues. But simply linking the file from Dropbox won't have that issue.
Thanks, Jim. I'll try it today. :)

Back