A light at the end of the tunnel....

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
What a long night flying.....

‎2.5 of 2.8 hours flying was partial panel, 4 approaches and a hold. I got the garmin 530 back on the 3rd approach (ILS 10 KMIV) and on the GPS 27 into wilmington, however not on my favorite nav 1 page, but anything helped. I couldn't wait to take off those stick-ons that cover up. Two night landings in the book and......my transponder may be trying to S*^# the bed. It was acting up with KILG and Philly approach. Making a stop at red eagle tomorrow on lunch to get it checked out.

I meet the DE tuesday, get signed off that morning after CFII reviews all my paperwork, log books and airplane logs. Maybe late next week for the ride!

I am beat!! Time for a shower and then crawl into bed.

Great work, Gary! Good luck on the check ride.

If you don't feel beat up after some instrument training, I think the instructor isn't working you hard enough.

Good work just make sure that light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train

Pretty cool! you certainly put a lot of work into this. Best of luck on the check-ride (not that I think you will need it!!)

Gary

very cool Gary. a good instrument workout is always refreshing

Gary,

Good luck on your ride. Make sure you get a good rest the night before and hope for light winds.

John

Thanks guys......I need a new altitude encoder not a transponder which saved some bucks so.....I told them mount the 496 in the panel and relocate the mic/headphone plugs.

Red over Red, time for bed??

That would be the "dirt nap" :D

Thanks guys......I need a new altitude encoder not a transponder which saved some bucks so.....I told them mount the 496 in the panel and relocate the mic/headphone plugs.

That would be the "dirt nap" :D

Everytime a Transponder seems to go TU on me its always the encoder. much less AMUs

Back