A Landing Out-2

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
As a follow-up to Scottm's reference to the glider being "packed up," following is a series of photos I took as the wrap-up of the First International Fly-in(Brunswick, Maine) was occurring. The series starts with preparing to load the plane for traveling, and through to completion.

HR
Carries forward to part #2

Attachments

• Packed for Flying_1.jpg
    Packed for Flying_1.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Packed for Flying_2.jpg
    Packed for Flying_2.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Packed for Flying_3.jpg
    Packed for Flying_3.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Packed for Flying_4.jpg
    Packed for Flying_4.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Pretty neat package.

Attachments

• Packed for flying_5.jpg
    Packed for flying_5.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Packed for Flying_6.jpg
    Packed for Flying_6.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Packed for Flying_7.jpg
    Packed for Flying_7.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Packed for Flying_8.jpg
    Packed for Flying_8.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 25
EuroFox? (KitFox)

It's more fun to fly it, than trailer it. But makes for a great hanger, and can store off airport and not pay hanger or tie down fees. Some airports are getting smart and will charge for airport gate access.

I was so busy taking pictures that day, and of the above, I didn't notice the a/c manufacturer's name. Re your "store off airport" comment, the vendor didn't want to tow it home that night, so left it parked just inside the perimeter fence at KBXM. "We'll come get it next week." His description of how he had the trailer modified for the plane was quite interesting in view of the close tolerances which resulted.

HR

EuroFox? (KitFox)

It's more fun to fly it, than trailer it. But makes for a great hanger, and can store off airport and not pay hanger or tie down fees. Some airports are getting smart and will charge for airport gate access.

It said "Highlander" on the side of the trailer...

The Highlander wing folding setup looks a lot like the Kitfox which was copied from the Avid Flyer...

It said "Highlander" on the side of the trailer...

The Highlander wing folding setup looks a lot like the Kitfox which was copied from the Avid Flyer...

The Highlander is made by Just Aircraft in Walhalla, SC: http://www.justaircraft.com/news.php

I've visited the factory - and they had an all Black one with huge tires at OSH last year. Neat machine - wish I could afford one.

Dave

The "EuroFox" advertises the same folding wing with open and enclosed trailers. At least they used too, it's been a couple of years since I've checked there web page.

Back