A.I. & A.T.C - What The Future Looks Like

Daleandee

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dale Andee
Is it possible that soon when you call the tower you'll get a recording that says, "your call will be answered in the order received ..." :)

A more advanced, computerized ATC system might get implemented for commercial flights or the air-taxi market but I wouldn't expect it to be used for the GA community. Unless it's cumbersome and crazy expensive. Then the FAA might consider it for GA.

Commercial flights will see changes. How soon and just what these will be remains to be learned. From another article:

Volpe supports the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) by helping change the way pilots and air traffic controllers communicate. Data Communications (Data Comm), a digital, text-based communication system for air traffic controllers and pilots, offers pre-written messages to replace some of the verbal communications over the radio. This reduces frequency congestion and gives the pilot and controller a written record of the communications. It also takes advantage of ground and flight deck automation, reducing controller and pilot workload, and increasing airspace capacity and efficiency by allowing routine use of more precise, closely-spaced flight paths.

https://www.volpe.dot.gov/safety-ma...-communication-between-pilots-and-controllers

Sad that this was thread pushed into the aviation media forum as it isn't about my u-toob site but rather the discussion of technological changes that are coming to ATC. I have little doubt that GA will see some of these changes albeit sometime down the road.

Back