A great weekend to fly...6MO2...

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
so...

It was a beautiful weekend to fly in SEMO. Calm winds, nice temps, clear skies (until about 2pm today). I took full advantage.

Flew south yesterday.

Today I flew low and slow up the river to my hometown (Ste. Genevieve, MO). Love this little grass strip. Here it is on Google earth (yellow). That's the Mississippi on the right.

image-jpg.44753

And here's some crappy video of landing and taking off. No go pro...just my phone sitting on the glareshields...sorry about the "prop lines". Good thing that truck decided to stop when I was on short final. He woulda screwed up a perfect power off approach! I bumped the throttle, was ready to go around, but he saw me and stopped about 50'...60' short of the runway CL. I waved as I crossed the road about 6' AGL. :)

Last edited:
Cool! What's there to see outside the flying?

Cool! What's there to see outside the flying?

It's an easy walk (about a 1/2 mile) to downtown...shoppes, restaurants, beautiful old buildings, homes, Catholic Church. Ste. Gen is one of the coolest little towns in Mo. It always makes the top three "prettiest Mo towns" in the annual elect coop magazine survey. It's an old French town from the fur trading days. Billed as the oldest town West of the Mississippi...but I'm sure they're lying. ;)

http://www.stegenevieve.org

Be aware though the runway is only 1600'. And that is when the farmer doesn't get greedy and plow off a few feet off the south end.

1600... I could probably do it if I didn't know it was only 1600 ft long ...

Back