A Friend's First GA Flight (video J-3 Cub)

iWantWings

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
wingsIwant
A good friend is an amateur photographer; I offered him a flight in a J-3 Cub telling him that with the window and door out of the way, there would be nothing in the way to degrade the image.

He had never flown in a light, GA aircraft and although he said he was a little scared, he was all in.

The amazing thing is that we manage to fit my all of my friend's 6'5", 180lbs body into the front seat of the little Cub (whoever has seen or sat in the front seat of a J-3 Cub, understands the miracle).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EnmZEd8zPc

That's the short 3-minute video I mumbo-jumbo'ed together with the photos he took over the city.

Another nice video, and best of all, no boogers on this flight.

Nice video,looks like a fun low and slow experience.

Nice video,looks like a fun low and slow experience.

Thanks! Yes, just like you wrote.

Funny thing: while doing a turn (and likely not coordinated), I caught a glimpse of something being "vacuumed" violently from behind me. It was my paper chart; i wonder where it ended up.

Some photos (same ones posted in the original video, but watching still photos is sometimes better than video).

17363019141_306a1362d2_b.jpg

17337406616_67ddc382c9_b.jpg

17155907387_d737258e5f_b.jpg

17363370265_d1b5d22d34_b.jpg

17175570738_53b08d773b_b.jpg

17175569498_fe0b322908_b.jpg

16740857944_c4736f63d2_b.jpg

Great pics.....:thumbsup:..

Just wait till DHS shows up at your door asking why you were taking pics of those areas....:yikes::hairraise::D

Great pics.....:thumbsup:..

Just wait till DHS shows up at your door asking why you were taking pics of those areas....:yikes::hairraise::D

Hmmm... you just gave me an idea; there's a certain kind of power plant along the coast, not too far. I'll just tell them you sent me to photograph "the coast". ;)

Hmmm... you just gave me an idea; there's a certain kind of power plant along the coast, not too far. I'll just tell them you sent me to photograph "the coast". ;)

:lol::rofl:,,

Just tell them my real name...

Mohammad Al Kabang.:D:D

A good friend is an amateur photographer; I offered him a flight in a J-3 Cub telling him that with the window and door out of the way, there would be nothing in the way to degrade the image.

He had never flown in a light, GA aircraft and although he said he was a little scared, he was all in.

Well that is pretty amazing and he is remarkably composed, but clearly his photographic instincts took over quickly and he started getting really good shots.

Somehow, I don't think he would be averse to doing it again.

Back