A flight in the TBM850

While cost wise a PC-12 really isn't much more to operate..and you get so much more, I think these are the best looking singles out there. A real hot rod and built right too. I would take one over a VLJ (exception to phenom) in a heartbeat. The only thing that could possibly make it cooler would be guns and missiles.

Last edited:
While cost wise a PC-12 really isn't much more to operate..and you get so much more, I think these are the best looking singles out there. A real hot rod and built right too. I would take one over a VLJ (exception to phenom) in a heartbeat. The only thing that could possibly make it cooler would be guns and missiles.
No, you don't get more. You get different things. All depends what you want.

No, you don't get more. You get different things. All depends what you want.

The only thing you don get technically "more" of on a pc-12 is speed and looks. But your right that "less is more" to some.

Peter are you getting one of these? (Sorry in advance if you answered that in your write-up)

A little outside my budget at present :)

An outstanding aircraft though.

A prospective light jet buyer needs to evaluate his mission profile ever so carefully to justify a jet logically.

Last edited:
The only thing you don get technically "more" of on a pc-12 is speed and looks. But your right that "less is more" to some.

Right. It's the typical speed vs room tradeoff. That's not less or more, it's just different.

Well, the speed part seems like a tradeoff to me.

C310 vs. Aztec for example - more speed, similar fuel less space.

A guy at my airport just bought a TBM 850. He's finding that his King Air was nicer for taking the family to Florida with, even though it was slower.

Peter:

Love your reports from across the pond. Keep 'em coming!

Back