A Few Words for Squawk Shoppe

DrewG

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DrewG
I want to take the opportunity to throw out a small measure of praise with regard to the Squawk Shoppe's customer service. I just got my PPL about a week ago, and thus, was in the market for a headset for my girlfriend, who will be my most frequent passenger. Being a longtime lurker and low-time commenter, I was very aware of Squawk Shoppe's designs and value. She took a look at their website and liked them. While browsing, the curiosity bug bit us with regard to whether it was possible for them to create a custom design. Lo and behold, they do.

A quick inquiry was placed on their website with the details and desired artwork attached, and in less than a day (if that) a reply was received. A few more questions were asked by my girlfriend and promptly answered. Another day went by and the one-off concept design was emailed back, a special link to place the order was provided, and that was that. They should be showing up on our doorstep in a matter of 20 business days or so.

Although I can't provide a PIREP on the actual product yet, I want to praise the service and communication thus far. It has been WAY above board. The custom design looks spectacular and my girlfriend is beyond excited to receive them. I've got a set of Bose A20's that I'm very happy with, but I have to say that I'm a little jealous of her custom rig - for half the price of mine!

I know I could just as easily post this initial praise on their website, but thought this community should hear it first. I'll be happy to update with a proper product review once the headsets are received. I have high hopes and a good feeling that the quality of the headset is on par with the service and attention received thus far!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So how long have you worked at Squawk Shoppe?

Ha! I can see how my post might be reminiscent of "I'm not only president of the hair club for men, I'm also a member!" The praise was well deserved, though, considering customer service seems to be an afterthought for many businesses anymore.

I've got one of their headsets as well. Unfortunately, I had to have it returned for a warranty issue...but aside from that and even during that process the customer service has been phenomenal, way above what I would have expected based on my experiences with other companies.

And no fair not posting the photos for us to ogle at..... And while your at it, post some of the headset too.

I got one for the wife but due to various reasons, she has only been able to use them on two short flights since she got them, says they are comfortable but has not flown enought to truly comment on the ANR

Thank you very much for your compliments and kind words. She has a cool design, and we'll make her something very special.

Once I get the base graphics and color laid down, I can send some photos to you, so that you can show these guys. Some people prefer to be surprised, but you let me know. Just email me or shoot me a PM here.

Shane
The Squawk Shoppe

Last edited:
Hey Drew. I just pulled the mask off and prepping them for clear / sealer. Thought I would shoot you a pic. ;)
7y2ubysa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those look great, Shane! I don't know why I didn't see your post on here. Thanks for the email, too!

I just got my arcus anr today. I got the blue defected. I love it, tomorrow will be my first flight with them. Very excited

I just got the message yesterday that my Arcus 'Boa' set has shipped. I should get them in time for my first flight with a passenger (just completed the Robinson Helicopter Safety Course last week). It will be interesting to compare the performance against my A20s.

I used mine for the first time yesterday. They were great.

The headset arrived on Monday and we made a flight for dinner yesterday, putting 2 hours on the Hobbs. To hear my girlfriend tell it, she loves them! The fit was great, the clamping pressure wasn't an issue at all (even with sunglasses) and the ANR worked flawlessly. She definitely loves them. The options she got (aside from the custom job pictured above) were the leatherette ear seals, the full-flex boom and the upgraded mic. So, again, great product and service. Highly recommend!

I got the full flex Mic. Nothing else. Besides what comes on the ANR headset

I went line by line with the company to get my option selection potted. Full flex boom, mic upgrade, gel earcups, Boa pattern. And the best part - half the price of Bose.

Back