A few pictures from our 350 mile road trip

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Barb and I took a little road trip over the north Cascades to see the Cherries in bloom at Pete & Dee's orchard. The Yellow flowers are the Daffies in bloom in the Skagit Valley the red and other colors are the Tulips in bloom in the Skagit valley also. And of course this time of year there is lots of snow in the passes but the roads are clear and bare.

the Trees are Pete & Dee's orchard.

Very pretty well worth taking the day off and just going for a ride.

Attachments

• P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 29
  • P1010012.JPG
    P1010012.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 39
  • P1010018.JPG
    P1010018.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 13
  • P1010020.JPG
    P1010020.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 22
  • P1010022.JPG
    P1010022.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 19
  • P1010024.JPG
    P1010024.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 23
  • P1010028.JPG
    P1010028.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 28
  • P1010030.JPG
    P1010030.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 26
  • P1010033.JPG
    P1010033.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 18
  • P1010034.JPG
    P1010034.JPG
    704.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I've never been to Washington. Its one of the places I want to go to. Those photos are Beeeeuteeefulll

Wow!!

Makes me want to visit the NW even more!

JOOC -- do they pull the tulips, etc. and ship them as potted plants or are they cut and sold as fresh flowers? There is a big tulip festival in Pella, IA that is apparently pretty cool to see, but it's nothing compared to the 80+ acres in those pics!

Wow!!

Makes me want to visit the NW even more!

JOOC -- do they pull the tulips, etc. and ship them as potted plants or are they cut and sold as fresh flowers? There is a big tulip festival in Pella, IA that is apparently pretty cool to see, but it's nothing compared to the 80+ acres in those pics!

My Neighbor ordered bulbs from the Holland co. catalog, he was told they were on back order from their suppliers in Wa. state. He went to the washington bulb company in Mt. Vernon Wa. and bought them.. :)

The fields you see belong to the Roozen Garde farms, (the only grower left in the Skagit Valley) they start picking buds a month before they open, and pick fully open flowers for sale in the flower markets, then in July - August time frame they will harvest the bulbs, sort and replant the seed bulbs for next year, (that is what you see blooming) and sell the fully grown bulbs on the open market. 100 count bags of daffi bulbs were $35 last year, Tulips were higher.

I've never been to Washington. Its one of the places I want to go to. Those photos are Beeeeuteeefulll

There are 3 micro climates in Wa. State.

The Puget Sound reagon, known for its low ceilings skud running weather, flower fields, Seattle, the coast, Olympic Mts. and the San Juan Islands (where I live) and Boeings home plant at Everett. (PAE)

The North Cascades mountain reagon, known for V-2 the Ice machine east of Seattle, Mt Rainer, Mt Baker, and of course Mt St. Hellens.

The last but certainly not least, where Pete & Dee live in eastern Wa. known for hot summers, cold winters, Wheat fields, the great Columbia river and basin, Grand Coolie Dam, Spokane, and the apple/cherry/pear/and nut orchards. and the great circle farms growing alfalfa, Walla Walla Onions, aspergrass, carrots, and hunderds of other vegies.

our state is very beautiful, but when you come bring money, keep Wa green.

Queen Christine, is the only governor that won election by less than 100 votes, when every one knew that 65,000 illegal votes were cast in
king County, by convicted fellons, dead voters, and the runner up could not challenge the count in the state supreme court because it is solid democrate and he knew he would loose.

King county (Seattle) has enough votes to carry the state.

I was stationed at Whidbey Island off the Puget Sound for a year but never got to visit the western part of the state. When I drove back to Missouri, I went south and ended up in Oregon while headed across to Boise. Although I spent a lot time in Bellingham and on Mt. Baker, I wish I had seen more. At least I was up in the Space Needle a few times, once in IMC.

Thanks but, we were gone from 0800 to 1900 and that was including dinner with the kids in Arlington.

thats a whole 11 hours!! You were missed!
Haven't seen you post for several days is what I thought.

Back