ec6f4677.jpg

ec6f465d.jpg

ec6f462f.jpg

ec6f45a5.jpg

ec6f43f4.jpg

ec6f426b.jpg

ec6f4195.jpg

ec6f40b3.jpg

ps. forgot to mention, these were taken with the new Canon 30D I just got. it's a fabulous camera. I took my Canon SD500 as well which also takes great photos but isn't nearly as versatile (not to mention you cannot swap lenses with the P&S either...)

woodstock said:
ps. forgot to mention, these were taken with the new Canon 30D I just got. it's a fabulous camera. I took my Canon SD500 as well which also takes great photos but isn't nearly as versatile (not to mention you cannot swap lenses with the P&S either...)

Wow, GREAT pictures!! Thanks for sharing. We were going to drive out there for the weekend, but didn't make it. Maybe next year--this sure makes me want to be there!

thanks Troy. those were just random grabs from my computer, too. I took tons and tons and still haven't sorted them out yet.

notice the Brandenburg Gate in one of them? I saw it inflating from the side - the first thing that popped up were the horses and I immediately hollered to my parents - "look, it's the Brandenburg Gate!" that just tickled me - whoda thunk it, using it for a balloon.

well, not to mention Jesus and Noah's ark either. ar ar ar

So that's why you weren't out at the airport for a beautiful weekend with Ray around to do your solo.;)

Great pics!!!

Kaye

Those photos are excellent.

Which day were you there? I made it to the mass ascension on Wednesday morning, which luckily for me, was the best weather day of the entire festival. Ran into a couple airplane pilots from Sacramento. We tend to give away our identities with aviation paraphernalia.

Jon

Kaye said:
So that's why you weren't out at the airport for a beautiful weekend with Ray around to do your solo.;)

Great pics!!!

Kaye

I was afraid of that! He's gone this wkd again and if tomorrow has favorable weather I may end up soloing tomorrow.

4CornerFlyer said:
Those photos are excellent.

Which day were you there? I made it to the mass ascension on Wednesday morning, which luckily for me, was the best weather day of the entire festival. Ran into a couple airplane pilots from Sacramento. We tend to give away our identities with aviation paraphernalia.

Jon

I arrived Wed night - we made it to the Thursday one (perfect weather!) and the Friday Glowdeo.

woodstock said:

I was going to ask, but you've anticipated my question.

Wow, those pictures are great. The lighting is just perfect. You picked an excellent location to take pictures, and fabulous composition.

Glad you like the 30D.

thanks Scott and Bill - I'm embarrassed to admit how many photos I took over 3 days in NM. I DID have two cameras with me though...

I know what you'll be doing this weekend.

I'm judging an MBA case competition...

MBA case competition? er, what?

actually, I MIGHT be soloing tomorrow if the weather is as nice as it is supposed to be.

and a friend of mine is debating if he is going to Charlottesville tomorrow, if he does, I might meet up with him afterwards, have not been there in ages. good day to take more photos. He lives in Petersburg currently.

woodstock said:
MBA case competition? er, what?

actually, I MIGHT be soloing tomorrow if the weather is as nice as it is supposed to be.

ya' know, since I'm in the area, I'm almost tempted to come out and watch. You know, in the spirit of "I'll believe it when I see it" (j/k) ;)

MBA case competition: sorta like moot court. Groups of MBA students get 12 hours to review a set of case facts (based on a real case), dissect the problem, and derive a solution. They then present their study and recommendations to a panel (I'm on the panel), just like presenting to a Board of Directors. We then score it, and the top 3-4 teams get one final case for presentation - they have 3 hours to prepare that case.

and a friend of mine is debating if he is going to Charlottesville tomorrow, if he does, I might meet up with him afterwards, have not been there in ages. good day to take more photos. He lives in Petersburg currently.

That would be a fun ride. The leaves are turning, and the weather should be great. I'm hoping the weather holds out on Sunday.

hey, I'll believe it when I see it too. this could have/ should have happened months ago. between the SODA bull**** (that turned out to be moot anyay) and now trying to schedule both CFIs schedules to come out (I'm even with a new CFI now since the prior one just can't synch up his sched with mine...) this has been an odyssey.

I figured that was what it was, but I hadn't heard of it before. how exciting. yawn. ;)

ps. I've got the plane from 830-1000 AM this morning. that's the ONLY time either CFI could fly

ALL WEEKEND

and we even had to truncate it because they need the plane afterwards - Drew Cassell (SP?) from the FAA just died and they are going to scatter his ashes at 10 AM. (not sure why they are taking this particular plane as there are others out there - but truncated sched it is.

and the weather each wkd holds less promise of blue skies with each passing week.

Vivid PIX there Elizabeth, thanks.
I did start to get a little scared towards the end ones though...

Too bad, Elizabeth. I know you and I don't agree on a lot of political topics, but its too bad I didn't know you were coming to town. I could have shown you some of the cool places to go in the city, little known places that we all love.

Glad you had a good time at the Fiesta tho. Unfortunately, I didn't get to go this year (but the balloons landed by my apartment almost every morning).

Nick, we were visiting family. they had us on the go from pre-dawn until late. each day. I needed a vacation when we got home.

They're scaring me again!

smigaldi said:
This one would be a good submission to the Daily show. There could be a lot of sarcastic humor for a captioning of the Jesus balloon looking up to Uncle Sam ballon.

smigaldi said:
This one would be a good submission to the Daily show. There could be a lot of sarcastic humor for a captioning of the Jesus balloon looking up to Uncle Sam ballon.

that is exactly why I took it. Jesus, Noah, Uncle Sam. The X-men!

though it did occur to me - how cool are the Christians that they don't mind a Jesus balloon. can you imagine a Mohammed (PBUH) balloon?

Back