A/FD question

Slackyhacky

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Jeremy
On the A/FD - it sometimes will say - "attended 1500Z - 0100Z".

What does this mean since it is never the same hours that corresponds to the tower being open?

Or for example my home airport is a county airport and there is no full service FBO but there are staff in the terminal and airport maintenance workers that can assist with fuel and such...those are the hours they are physically there on site. After that you are on your own if you need any assistance.

And unless they have self-service fuel (which is explicitly listed when available), outside those hours, it's almost certain either you will have to pay a hefty "call-out" fee and wait for someone to drive to the airport from home, or you won't be able to get fuel at all.

And most likely has the dagger symbol. I always wonder why they bother with Z if they really have something dictated by local time.

And most likely has the dagger symbol. I always wonder why they bother with Z if they really have something dictated by local time.

I don't like that much either, but as a wild guess, there are some places where you might not be too certain which time zone you're in.

E.g., Wendover NV/UT. The airport is in Utah (UTC-7), but all the hotels are in Nevada (UTC-8). Also, lots of folks get confused about summer time in Arizona when visiting from other states.

Of course, the time zone is in the A/FD as well, on the top line.

The FBO hours and tower hours are not necessarily the same. Most important is the hours of the FBO.

Somebody should be able to be found on the airport to give you a hand during those hours. Who it will be can vary.

Back