A/FD legend in FltPlan Go?

BigBadLou

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Lou
Greetings fellow pilots,
I have been trying to brush up on how to use the FltPlan Go and when I open the A/FD from the airport page, I cannot find a way to get to the legend.
I checked the documentation (tutorial), searched online (Google) and came up empty handed.
Yes, the A/FD legend has been downloaded, it shows in my downloads.
I am sure I am missing something simple. I just cannot find it via intuition alone.
Can anybody help?
Thanks
Lou

I don't think you can access the AFD legend from the airports page. I access it through the Binders page. Specifically Binders/My Documents.

Thanks. I knew that it had to be somewhere.
I've been to the Binder but it was empty. Didn't think of having to select the default My Documents binder to display the binder documents. :dunno:

Problem solved, let's go flying! (instrument lesson in a few hours) :)

Next problem for FltPlan - Go:

I use a Dual XGPS-170 ADS-B receiver for my TIS.

It locates the traffic ok, but insists that I (me) am flying about 20,000 feet higher than reality and going around 3x faster than Vne.
I suppose it is getting that from other traffic? But I can't un-sync it.
Gives proper location of my aircraft (horizontally) and proper track, but a 172 doesn't typically fly in the 300 flight levels or at 450 knots <sheesh>

Works perfectly on Avare; but I've had one problem after another on FltPlan --- especially with ADS-B. I'm about to dump that program/app.

Next problem for FltPlan - Go:

I use a Dual XGPS-170 ADS-B receiver for my TIS.

It locates the traffic ok, but insists that I (me) am flying about 20,000 feet higher than reality and going around 3x faster than Vne.
I suppose it is getting that from other traffic? But I can't un-sync it.
Gives proper location of my aircraft (horizontally) and proper track, but a 172 doesn't typically fly in the 300 flight levels or at 450 knots <sheesh>

Works perfectly on Avare; but I've had one problem after another on FltPlan --- especially with ADS-B. I'm about to dump that program/app.

I haven't used FltPlan Go for ADSB for a while (mostly using Naviator), but it worked ok for me with a Dual 170 a couple of months ago. Are you reading the problem data from the gray boxes along the bottom of the screen? They were added in a fairly recent update so I wouldn't be surprised if they still had some bugs. Or maybe the difference in our experiences is due to me using the internal GPS in my tablet and you maybe using the GPS in the Dual 170.

I wouldn't dump it. I find it does a good job with flight planning. But others are better in the air. I find Avare ok in the air, but don't like it for planning. Naviator works better for me in the air than either of them, and FltPlan Go for planning.

I just got an update pushed from FltPlan. It claims to have resolved issues with ADS-B speed and altitude.

I used it yesterday and the problem was still there --- and yeah, in the grey boxes at the bottom of the display.

WX the next couple of days is "vaccuous" (it sucks); but I'll try again in a couple of days. Actually, the purpose of the next flight was to play with FltPlan-Go, so good time to check to see if the problem was corrected.
((If I use the internal GPS and do NOT activate ADS-B, all of my readouts on FltPlan-Go are correct. Problem is just when ADS-B is activated --- but I'll check on my next flight))

Oh, and I DID try using the internal GPS -- but I found that when I activated the ADS-B, it automatically turned OFF the internal GPS. Then, I deactivated ADS-B and had to go back into the Settings box and turn the internal GPS back on. ((turn on the FltPlan-Go use of the internal --- the GPS itself stays on, but FltPlan-Go disables the app's use of it))

Last edited:
Just for the fish
I just fired up FltPlan-Go and the XGPS-170. (I did the ADS-B following a FltPlan-Go update and a reboot to ensure that it was located properly in memory).

This was in my livingroom, but what the heck.
Initially, it said that I was tooling along at 0 knots (didn't measure the speed of my fingers on the keyboard.) and said I was sitting at 5566' MSL (about 100' low); then all of a sudden, it changed its mind and is now saying that I'm zipping along on track 355* at 26 knots at 18586' MSL.

Good luck with that.
Oh, and the accuracy is listed at 20 meters :)

Someday, maybe; but I'll stick with Avare for Nav, thank you.
FltPlan (on the desktop) is fine for flight planning; but has a way to go for Nav and ADS-B

HEY -- it is showing traffic at KABQ -- with an America West registration!!
(I'm still sitting at just under 5700' in my living room!)

============
If I go to the ADS-B status page, all locational data (including my speed and altitude) are correct --- but I expect appropriate readouts on the Map page -- and those grey boxes still provide erroneous data

Last edited:
Back