A Dream Flying Trip

CT4ME

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CT4ME
I'm psyched!:goofy:
A week from now, 40+ flyers will be enjoying the most visually stunning area of the World... The area around Page, AZ. We're starting off Wed, with a half day rafting trip on the Colorado. That will be followed by morning/afternoon flights over Lake Powell, Monument Valley, Bryce, Zion, Grand Canyon, Escalante, and more! Within a short flight, there are a ton of great places to see, including Sedona or Meteor Crater, and all of Southern Utah/Northern AZ. A morning flight up Lake Powell, with breakfast at Bullfrog marina should be on everyone's bucket list. Historically, the weather this time of year has been perfect 75/55, with Blue Skies and light winds. Each night we have a private group dinner to share info about our fights and plan the next day.
It's the 6th Annual CT Fly-in... Mostly CTs, but other LSAs and aircraft are welcomed too.
Pics and vids to come!

Last edited:
My wife and I left IWS Houston and flew to Dayotna Beach. We have been looking and planning this trip for weeks.
We lifted off 8:30 local and used flight following. We stopped at 82j for a break and fuel.
Wha t a great bunch of people at 82j.

We landed EVB 4:30 local. We did not have any weather issues or problems.

It was probably the most perfect flight we will ever have.

Can't wait to see the pics! My family and I are moving to northern Colorado in December and the areas you have described are first on my list to check out when able!

Safe travels

Update... the fly-in doesn't officially start until Thursday, but there are already about 15 planes in Page! Coming from all over... Kentucky, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Washington, Missouri, Michigan, Minnesota, and Hawaii!... not just the Southwest. Weather looks to be PERFECT... Clear skies, light winds and 75 degrees. We're heading up Wed morning.
One problem... the city decided to resurface the parking areas and ramps... nice timing guys. They're scrambling to come up with parking/tie-downs for our additional 44 planes.

Last edited:
The Lake Powell Fly-in was great!:yes: 40+ flyers from all over... MI, WI, PA, WV, KY, WA, TX and the West. Weather was perfect. Each morning we formed groups of 4-7 planes and headed out to either Bryce, Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Monument Valley, Escalante, and other points. The scenery was spectacular! Here's just one flight... up Lake Powell to Escalante:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIq_Cr7_q_4&HD=1

Back