A Defender of Freedom could use your help....

W.O'Boogie

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
W. O'Boogie
From a friend. This is a way that you can show someone who willingly has put your life and freedom above his own. I am on the registry. Everyone should be if they want to help a fellow human being.

There's a Bone Marrow Drive for people around Grand Rapids Michigan:
A Bone Marrow Drive will be held at the Michigan Community Blood Center at 1036 Fuller NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49501 on September 5, 2006. It will run from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. This is a free marrow testing for participants who also donate a pint of blood as well on that day. There will be a questionaire that needs to be filled out.
Anyone who plans on donating that day, please contact Linda at 616-453-4574 or LKBrock84@cs.com. Linda will then contact the blood center and let them know how many they can anticipate so that they have the personnel and supplies on hand. This drive will also place you on the National Marrow Donor Program.
Spread the word. THANKS!
And here's an update on Justin, the Navy SEAL who needs to find a donor:
Justin is just finishing his third round of chemo, has not lost any weight or hair and his mom says that you'd never know he was sick by looking at him. He will begin the fourth round of chemo in late August. No donor match found yet but everyone remains hopeful. Eddy Medina (from Dept of Defense Marrow Donor Program) said he has never gotten so many calls as he has with Justin. He actually sounds out of breath every time I speak with him! LOL. Justin's family has said they are completely overwhelmed by the response their family has gotten. The drive in Spotswood, NJ netted 1,303 people tested and that does not include the many all over the country that went to local places on thier own. I know of some soldiers and angels getting tested in Germany, too. Diane expressly wanted me to pass along the fact that Suzanne is a large reason Justin is doing as well as he is. She has literally been at his side the entire time. They are married six months.

Soldiers' Angels sent Justin a handmade quilt and some other goodies including an Ilario Pantano book and many notes from all over the country. In the bundle I have ready to go later this week, there is even a letter from a Scottish angel!
We ARE making things happen, People. Thank you. This is exactly the kind of activity that I mean when I describe you all as the best online community in the world. Whether or not you match Justin's DNA, you might get the opportunity to help save someone's life. You can still send Justin and his wife Suzanne a card or letter of support to:
Justin
c/o
Adele Lynn Conner
2728 Henry Hudson Parkway
Apt. 21B
Riverdale, NY 10463​
And you can help support his family to be with him during treatments by going to this link at Soldiers' Angels and making a donation via PayPal (you can mail a check too).

Already in the registry.

I tried to do my part by convincing somebody else to go into the registry last year when they did a drive for a co-worker with leukemia. The person that I was convincing ultimately did get registered, based on my statement "If they ever call you, somebody is DYING."

Get into the registry yourself from home:

Marrow.org

It costs $52 and you just swab your cheeks and mail the swabs to them. If you are a member of certain minority groups that are underrepresented in the registry, there may be a grant available to reduce or eliminate your cost.

I joined with the iowa marrow division of the national registry and there was no cost, just a cheek swab.

I have been in the registry since about 1989. I have already donated and would again its a good thing. Recruited Tony and Nick.

Thanks for posting this Boog

I just got a call. Giving blood on Tuesday.

Back