A Couple Close to home

poadeleted21

Touchdown! Greaser!
Call up a good friend, I guess his father had attended 2 funerals last week.
One of which was

http://www.clarionledger.com/viewar...rd-man-Robert-Allen-dies-Arkansas-plane-crash

Then we get called into the conference room today, enter to folks with tears in their eyes and learned about a co-worker http://onlineathens.com/breaking-news/2012-11-19/wreckage-plane-crash-located-outside-savannah

he was hired shortly after myself, worked in my department though I only met him once.

Fly safe ya'll.

You think he just got too slow on final?

Heard 3rd hand from my buddy, on the first one, it appears to be a post maintenance engine issue followed by an impossible turn.

On the one last night, I don't know. He didn't go down near final approach, he was just cleared to land and it took a while to find him. I don't really want to speculate but it seems like disorientation at night (the weather here hasn't been bad, but not the best) or maybe an engine issue.

Sorry for the loss of your co-worker. Seems like so many on here lately.

IFR at 6000'. SAV App lost him off radar at 2,000' msl. No ELT signal. IAF ZUTAN 2,500 msl appears to be near crash site. We did not fly at night while there a couple of weeks ago, but that area to the SE of town could be very dark.

Sorry for the loss of your co-worker. Seems like so many on here lately.

IFR at 6000'. SAV App lost him off radar at 2,000' msl. No ELT signal. IAF ZUTAN 2,500 msl appears to be near crash site. We did not fly at night while there a couple of weeks ago, but that area to the SE of town could be very dark.

Not good

600 scattered 1200 broken 2000 overcast. 11 knot winds, rain mist 3 miles visibility at night. PPL IR 250 total hours, 100 in the accident plane.

Is it me, or have there been a lot of crashes lately?

Maybe the usual stuff that happens as the weather fall apart and some try to tangle with it? Couple of accidents in Canada last weekend seem to maybe be related to low or no viz and guys trying to get there...

Dan

Back