A co-pilot for 53 years

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
on July 3rd Essie and I will have been married for 53 years. We are leaving early this morning for Chicago. My son and his wife are treating us to a Golf tournament and some other nice things this weekend.
I knew that some of the ladies would like to give Essie their condolences. She has been My rock, my lover. my nurse, my secretary, and raised three beautiful children in the meantime. I only hope that all of you other pilots out there are lucky enough to find a co-pilot like mine. I'll be away from the computer for a few days so I wanted to just say this before we took off. Have a good weekend.:yes:

Bob Bement said:
on July 3rd Essie and I will have been married for 53 years. We are leaving early this morning for Chicago. My son and his wife are treating us to a Golf tournament and some other nice things this weekend.
I knew that some of the ladies would like to give Essie their condolences. She has been My rock, my lover. my nurse, my secretary, and raised three beautiful children in the meantime. I only hope that all of you other pilots out there are lucky enough to find a co-pilot like mine. I'll be away from the computer for a few days so I wanted to just say this before we took off. Have a good weekend.:yes:

Congratulations to you and Essie. It takes special people to make something work for 53 years and you two are certainly special people. I am happy to have had the pleasure to meet you.

Best wishes for another 53 years. Have fun in Chicago.

Carol

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary. Of course, you only have 30 years to go to set the record (82 years - couple from RI) for the longest marriage, but it's the quality that counts.

Congrats to you both. Only question I have who was PIC?

Congrats to you and Essie!!!

Cathy and I hit 7 years July 7th. I'm not sure how she puts up with me, but I sure can't imagine life without her. I'd also not be a pilot without her.

Happy Anniversary, Bob. It was great meeting you two. Hope your trip to Chicago was grand!

Bob,

Congrats. But is that married to the SAME woman for 53 years or where there others in between, then you went back to the original one? :)

Congratulations. Nice to others who make it work. We'll hit 32 years later this month and my parents will hit 57 years on the 5th.

Enjoy your trip.

Back