A BIG Thank You

I really did enjoy my first ever ride in a Bo:yes:...but you didn't throw open the window and door while cruising along 800 ft over the lake. :no:
I made the mistake of putting my arm out the canopy of the BT-13 to wave to someone.....almost lost my arm.....

Only have to do that ONE time.....:eek:

My favorite moment (besides getting the plane running again) was during the poker run. Pete took off first, followed by Grant in the 210, and finally us in the Bo. We were all going direct to the next airport. Cruising along at 2000' and 180 knots, we first passed the Archer. The 210 followed shortly thereafter. It's so much fun to see other airplanes in flight. By the time they landed, we had already retrieved the poker cards and were ready to taxi out. :D

Thanks everyone for making this such a great event! I've never had more fun and met more amazing people in the span of just a few days before.

-Felix

We were all going direct to the next airport. Cruising along at 2000' and 180 knots, we first passed the Archer.

I was sitting right seat in the Archer . . . and you went by like we were sitting still. I couldn't even get the camera out in time to get an air-to-air shot! ;)

That Bonanza is one FAST airplane. I would love to get a ride in it next year if you're there!

Robert

Thank you Felix for flying me out there and for the adventure in Tucumcari.

Thank you Will and Robert for waiting with me until Felix came back from Mnt. Home on Sunday.

Thank you Delta Airlines for not charging me an arm, a leg and my pet rats for the "missed flight" fee. $54.00 was not too bad concidering I made it out to CA for free. :D

Thank you Will and Robert for waiting with me until Felix came back from Mnt. Home on Sunday.

You're very welcome! Truth be told, we didn't want to leave either... :(

I'm glad you guys made it back safely, we kept an eye on you guys all the way back to California. I'm really looking forward to hearing a bit more about your flight over north Texas and New Mexico - based on the track, I bet you guys saw a lot of exciting sky!

Robert

Although my wife and I did not make it this year (or last) due to prior commitments, low time and bad weather, I want to thank all of you that did go for sharing your "real time" experiences with all of us. This is our second year living the Gaston's experience from home but next year we plan on being there. Thanks again and glad to see everything went well and all are safe.

You're very welcome! Truth be told, we didn't want to leave either... :(

I'm glad you guys made it back safely, we kept an eye on you guys all the way back to California. I'm really looking forward to hearing a bit more about your flight over north Texas and New Mexico - based on the track, I bet you guys saw a lot of exciting sky!

Robert

Oh yeah. It wsa quite the light show. I even managed to get a shot of lightening though its kinda far off. I hate the battery for my DSLR went dead, or else I could have gotten a few more of those types of shots.

I was sitting right seat in the Archer . . . and you went by like we were sitting still. I couldn't even get the camera out in time to get an air-to-air shot! ;)

That Bonanza is one FAST airplane. I would love to get a ride in it next year if you're there!

Robert
I'll be there, and you're more than welcome to come along for a ride. Maybe we'll do the poker run again!

-Felix

Thank you to all involved in setting this up. This was my first Gaston's and turned out to be quite the adventure. I do have to second Felix's comments about the poker run. This was my first powered formation flying, and it is so flippin dam cool to see other planes flying around you.

Hmm maybe I ought to reserve 271G for Gaston's VI now so Kent won't take it again :)

Although my wife and I did not make it this year (or last) due to prior commitments, low time and bad weather, I want to thank all of you that did go for sharing your "real time" experiences with all of us. This is our second year living the Gaston's experience from home but next year we plan on being there. Thanks again and glad to see everything went well and all are safe.
Sorry you couldn't make it. Next year you CANNOT use that "prior commitment" excuse! :no:

My favorite moment (besides getting the plane running again) was during the poker run. Pete took off first, followed by Grant in the 210, and finally us in the Bo. We were all going direct to the next airport. Cruising along at 2000' and 180 knots, we first passed the Archer. The 210 followed shortly thereafter. It's so much fun to see other airplanes in flight. By the time they landed, we had already retrieved the poker cards and were ready to taxi out. :D

Thanks everyone for making this such a great event! I've never had more fun and met more amazing people in the span of just a few days before.

-Felix
SOME of us realized we were sequenced in and didn't try to cut in line!:goofy: It was nice that the Beech 1900 held for Pete. I was thinking of Teller at the time!

SOME of us realized we were sequenced in and didn't try to cut in line!:goofy: It was nice that the Beech 1900 held for Pete. I was thinking of Teller at the time!
Well, I suppose could could call a 4 minute lead over a 15 minute flight a sequence :p

I felt sort of sorry for the Beech. They started taxiing when were were on final. They made it to the runway a minute later and then you were on final. Just as they called for departure, Pete showed up. They must have been wondering what was going on.

Well, I suppose could could call a 4 minute lead over a 15 minute flight a sequence :p

I felt sort of sorry for the Beech. They started taxiing when were were on final. They made it to the runway a minute later and then you were on final. Just as they called for departure, Pete showed up. They must have been wondering what was going on.
Yeah, I was actually thinking of circling to allow them out. I should have done that.:redface:

Well I was on a 2 mile final when he called for departure, so I poured on the coals, and flew a 110kt approach so he wouldn't need to wait that long :)

Thank you to all involved in setting this up. This was my first Gaston's and turned out to be quite the adventure. I do have to second Felix's comments about the poker run. This was my first powered formation flying, and it is so flippin dam cool to see other planes flying around you.

Hmm maybe I ought to reserve 271G for Gaston's VI now so Kent won't take it again :)

Scheduling system won't let you schedule it that far out.

Besides, I have superuser access and can bump you anyway and make it look like you canceled yourself. ;)

I completely forgot, maybe because it seemed so obvious:

Thanks for all the INCREDIBLE help in getting my plane fixed. Only 24 hours elapsed from the time we noticed the problem to the time when it was fixed. That's never happened to me before, especially on a grass strip and on a weekend. Thanks Dave, Spike, and the countless other folks who stopped by to offer emotional support. I'll never forget all your help.

-Felix

There are so many people to thank for such a wonderful weekend! Like Lance mentioned, it would be hard to name all of the people without leaving someone out.

I really appreciate the ride that Phil gave me in the Birddog. It was fun riding in and flying that incredible airplane. Phil, I’m sorry that I got us lost…it didn’t take us long to find our way though. ;)

Thank you to the “Welcome Committee” who gave Kim and Phil such a nice welcome as they arrived and for all of you who made the newcomers feel like we were glad that they joined us. :yes:

Thanks to Dave Taylor for all the wonderful things you did this weekend, including making that “Reserved” sign, giving so many rides, including bringing Tom back from Mountain Home, and helping Felix.

Thanks to those who cooked at the flight line and provided water…I still can’t figure out where the place was to drop money to help pay for that.

Thank you in advance to those who don’t post unflattering photos of us on the internet without prior approval.

A BIG thanks to Jesse for spending sooooo much time working on the great fly-in web site.

And thanks to all of you for the hugs. :yes:

Kim, I know Diana knows this area like the back of her hand. Did you believe that getting lost excuse when she went riding with Phil? :D

Kim, I know Diana knows this area like the back of her hand. Did you believe that getting lost excuse when she went riding with Phil? :D
Where is that "pot-stirring" smilie when you need it?!?! :D ;)

Back