A BIG thank you to Monroe City

Skyhawk4754

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Willie
Just wanted to say a BIG thank you to the folks @ the Monroe City Mo. airport. I was on the way back from St Louis downtown and lost a mag. Had to put it down in a hurry and ended up at Monroe Cty Airport. Got lots of help. Good price on Avgas and a sofa to sleep on if I needed to stay overnite. Pop was 50 cents, honor pay, in the refrig.
Nice folks, nice runway, if your going by stop in.:yes:

Just wanted to say a BIG thank you to the folks @ the Monroe City Mo. airport. I was on the way back from St Louis downtown and lost a mag. Had to put it down in a hurry and ended up at Monroe Cty Airport. Got lots of help. Good price on Avgas and a sofa to sleep on if I needed to stay overnite. Pop was 50 cents, honor pay, in the refrig.
Nice folks, nice runway, if your going by stop in.:yes:

This sounds like a good story...glad it turned out so well in the end!

This sounds like a good story...glad it turned out so well in the end!
It sure got the heart pumping that's for sure. Thank God for the "go to" button on the GPS.
When we got on the ground, the hangar door was open, no one around, dialed the # on the door and had 4 people there in about 5 min offering anything from soup to nuts to help. Very refreshing to know that there still are people around like that.

If I had to pick a part of Missouri to have engine trouble, that would be it. That is about the only FLAT part of the state. The roads are straight, farm fields are flat and trees are mostly in fence rows. Kinda like Iowa except for the trees,in Iowa those are called wind breaks.:D

Back